Home

Trick plays

This is a discussion on Trick plays within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Trick plays

Where are the awesome trick plays in madden 12.
i love throwing in a few trick plays in madden but this year i cant even find a simple Flea flicker.

what trick plays have you guys seen this year?

im looking for the play where the halfback gets the ball and throws it back across the field to the Qb so he can sling it deep but i dont even think its in the game, has anyone seen it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
Pro

yankees028's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Trick plays

the 49ers did a flea flicker on me....

Former COD Pro / Streamer: xSiQx / CSn1pe
Old 10-25-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
Rookie

Winking_Wesley's Arena

I have not seen any trick plays used period. The only per we trick play I have used is a fake field goal attempt but it's not dependable.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
Rookie

elijah53johnston's Arena

OVR: 3

only trick play i seen used would be fake punts.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

I've run a fake punt, a flea -flicker (by mistake), several end-arounds, and a reverse, and some plays with unbalanced lines.

I've seen people run fake FG, fake punts, flea-flickers, reverses, unbalanced line plays, etc...

It's in there. Somewhere. Can't remember which playbooks I was using. But most of the plays I used were in I-Form.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2011, 04:36 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Flea Flickers are in the game, I know that, I got one in one of my custom playbooks. There's a Halfback Pass play in the Seattle playbook, too, and there's a "Tackle over" I formation in the Jets pb if you're looking for an unbalanced line.

I haven't seen reverses or double reverses, though, and no "double passes" either.

Unfortunately, with the strict position limitations of Madden (why? I really don't get it, if I want my LB to play wide receiver or my running back at QB in a certain formation, why not just let me do it?) it's only half the fun.

I had an awesome "mismatch nightmare" formation in NCAA12 once, I had two great scrambling QBs on my roster, one of which was actually great at receiver, too, a crazy fast HB and a great fast ball-hawking corner, so my set consisted of 2 QBs, 1 HB, 1 CB and 1 WR. I really didn't envy opponents to have to call a defense on that one, I had a set of audibles so I could run everything from Triple Option plays out of the the I or Flexbone to five wide spread or wildcat sets. One of my favorites was an "HB pass" play that resulted in one of the QBs pitching the ball to the other one and he then taking the shot downfield.

But yeah, I'd like to see at least a little bit more love for the trick plays in Madden, I mean there's more then one way to make a fake FG, and the "fake FG run" play is completely useless, where's that amazing "kicker sweep" play on which the holder pitches the ball outside to the kicker, the Cardinals used that to score a TD last season.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:56 AM   #7
Rookie

Winking_Wesley's Arena

I totally agree we need to have more trick plays and there to be more than just one way to do a fake fg or punt
Old 10-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

only a handful of the regular playbooks have them. gotta edit your own playbooks to put em in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »