Home

Making the Most out of Madden NFL 12's Muddled Franchise Menus

This is a discussion on Making the Most out of Madden NFL 12's Muddled Franchise Menus within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #9
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10
I don't care at all about the "Muddled" aspect of these menus. I think you guys missed the point here a bit. I think the more annoying part of it is the significant delay that is involved every time you do something. 5-7 seconds to open edit player? That plus the UDFA problems and you get a painstaking, time-wasting franchise mode.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #10
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Making the Most out of Madden NFL 12's Muddled Franchise Menus

The funny thing is, NCAA Football 12's Dynasty menu and layout are IMO perfect! Why can't EA just copy that over to Madden for next year? I pray that they do. That, and make Free Agency a lot like NCAA 12's recruitment, and the game would be amazing!

OH, and leave UDFA's out, if you're not gonna put in the time to actually make sure that it works and is useful. The most troublesome and worthless "major" gameplay addition in gaming history.

/rant
Old 10-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #11
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

C'mon Chris, write about the wacked out player models/gear the incoming rooks sport. Think of the visuals!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
I just don't like how it exits back to the Game of the Week screen every time you finish doing something... It should just exit back to the menu... other than that, I don't really care.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6
I don't know if anyone else has pointed it out, but under the coach menu, one can edit the off/def playbooks.

My main problem with the menus is a "legacy" issue, there should be a "skills" tab for players in the "free agents" option.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #14
Rookie

Sabredj's Arena

OVR: 5
I have never been so disappointed with Franchise mode as much as this year, and it begins with the poor menu design and clunkiness of it all. It ends in a total lack of immersion because each game feels like a play now game. As eccentricmeat said above NCAA 12 had great menus and at least it has different text sections/news items that hyped the week, connected the goings on of the season, and mentioned players who had led their teams etc... The Madden team has managed to suck the life out of one of my favorite modes. I'll be exchanging this soon for one of the many November releases.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #15
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

The menu's don't bother me in the slightest. I actually think the little menu that expands into several bigger menu's is pretty cool.

What bothers me is how they break down the ratings in this game. I hate scouting a rookie/NFL prospect, for example, and having to scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll all the way to the right to find out his PASS BLOCK rating. Or his injury rating.

I can't stand how when I want the tackle or power ratings for an LB prospect, I have to pass junk like his KAC or CARRYING ratings. They're so not relevant, and would save time if the rating categories were broken down into what mattered for a player's given position, rather than some random free-for-all.

And if they could put that information in a nice, easily packaged place, that'd be even better.

Last edited by PacMan3000; 10-26-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
The menu's don't bother me in the slightest. I actually think the little menu that expands into several bigger menu's is pretty cool.

What bothers me is how they break down the ratings in this game. I hate scouting a rookie/NFL prospect, for example, and having to scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll all the way to the right to find out his PASS BLOCK rating. Or his injury rating.

I can't stand how when I want the tackle or power ratings for an LB prospect, I have to pass junk like his KAC or CARRYING ratings. They're so not relevant, and would save time if the rating categories were broken down into what mattered for a player's given position, rather than some random free-for-all.

And if they could put that information in a nice, easily packaged place, that'd be even better.
I have to agree with this. Even if they keep these ratings, they should at least be kept in some sort of logical order.

Menus also seem to be a bit slower. Problems accessing the database I suppose.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »