Home

Dealing with the injuries

This is a discussion on Dealing with the injuries within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #9
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Dealing with the injuries

I use a similar system. I turn on injuries for the pre-season, off for weeks 1-8, on for 9-10, then off again. Works for me.

The trick for each one of us is finding a system that allows us to play more, fiddle less.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #10
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemChief
I use a similar system. I turn on injuries for the pre-season, off for weeks 1-8, on for 9-10, then off again. Works for me.

The trick for each one of us is finding a system that allows us to play more, fiddle less.
So you have them on for only 2 weeks.

I am leaning towards turning injuries off all-together.

I mean the number of guys going on IR each week, how it messes up QB sim stats, and the absurd AI logic in signing replacement FA's... the side effects of having injuries turned on are too massive to even have injuries in this game at all.

Whats weird is all of these issues surrounding injuries were not a problem in Madden11.

It's beyond me how injuries in simmed games could be messed up this bad. What's worse is through QA and 2 patches they didnt notice/didnt fix anything.

I mean seriously... who is in charge of the QA testing at EA? And how is it they have a job still?
Old 10-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #11
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
So you have them on for only 2 weeks.
Well, six weeks, actually. Pre-season, too. Gives me enough injuries that it's kinda, sorta, kinda realistic. A little.

A lot to do in that regard with franchise play this year. But the gameplay is so good, it's worth it. I admit that I dread the off-season, especially the hour or so it takes me to delete the UDFA's from every team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #12
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

I emailed EA about the injuries.

I also PM'ed that "Dewiel" guy from EA that was posting in the bugs thread.

I doubt I will hear back. Or that they will do anything about it in regards to patching it...

But it made me feel better

I wish I noticed this injury issue earlier before the patch. but with the whole UDFA debacle I didnt bother starting a franchise untill last week after the patch. (and they didnt fix the UDFA issue anyways.)
Old 10-27-2011, 05:10 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

For those that control all 32 teams: There are a few options in the off-season that may reduce injuries. One is hiring a "training staff" in the hire coaches screen. There are a few that are supposed to either reduce injuries or the lenght/severity of injuries depending on which one you hire. Also, under stadium upgrades there are a couple of options that supposedly reduce injuries and increase rehab time. I was just wondering if anyone who controls all 32 teams has tried making sure that each team has made these upgrades or hires and seen a difference. I'm just now going into my second off-season and was thinking about giving a try.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:30 AM   #14
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

OVR: 0

I like this idea and have thought about changing injuries on every other week. Do you keep injuries on all the time for the team you play as or change that as well?
Old 10-28-2011, 09:00 AM   #15
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife1013
I like this idea and have thought about changing injuries on every other week. Do you keep injuries on all the time for the team you play as or change that as well?
Yes, I keep injuries on all the time for my team.

The problem is the massive amount and severity of injuries in simmed games, not played games.

I feel that injuries are so absurd in simmed games, Im going with a plan of turning them on only every 4 weeks. ( weeks 1,5,9,13) And no pre-season injuries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #16
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

I can't be sure of this (at work now), but isn't there a injury slider under the main menu sliders? I know there was one in last year's Madden. I would lower it to 25 (default is 50) and get about half the injuries I normally did (both in simming and playing). It may be worth searching for / utilizing instead of switching injuries on/off every other week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »