Home

Gutting The Redskins

This is a discussion on Gutting The Redskins within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2011, 07:48 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Gutting The Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPolo7
Trindon is fast but Im pretty sure his catching skills are pretty bad, and I know his awareness is awful...but lets not forget his height...
I may try to trade for Titus young or Devone Bess.....may fit perfectly for me....ANy one try Leshoure from Det at RB..I want a nice 1-2 combo with Helu and someone else....
Old 11-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #34
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
I may try to trade for Titus young or Devone Bess.....may fit perfectly for me....ANy one try Leshoure from Det at RB..I want a nice 1-2 combo with Helu and someone else....
Leshoure's alright. He progresses pretty nicely if used a good amount, but he's not going to be a stand out power back quickly.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:50 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I think it's a tough team to work trades with that are realistic because there aren't a lot of high-value guys that would make sense to trade.

Given that Davis is better than Cooley now and younger, I'd love to move Cooley, but value is an issue. If you can get a 3rd it might be worth it, especially given how loaded the Madden draft classes tend to be.

I've been using them a lot lately and I wouldn't say you have to "gut" the team. You need a legit bell-cow at HB who can run the power-type offense that opens up PA. You have a young, fast WR, plus Moss, and 2 good TE. You need help on the interior OL, which can come through the draft, and you need help at DL and CB, which can come through the draft.

I'd say with a high pick on a QB or HB in year one, plus two good players at those other positions, you'd be well on your way to revitalizing that roster, and you could finish the job with a strong off-season in year two.

I really like their defense, and I think if you can manage the game with Beck while feeding the ball to a legit back, you can get to the playoffs after the first season.

I do find this a really intriguing team to use. Good topic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I think it's a tough team to work trades with that are realistic because there aren't a lot of high-value guys that would make sense to trade.

Given that Davis is better than Cooley now and younger, I'd love to move Cooley, but value is an issue. If you can get a 3rd it might be worth it, especially given how loaded the Madden draft classes tend to be.

I've been using them a lot lately and I wouldn't say you have to "gut" the team. You need a legit bell-cow at HB who can run the power-type offense that opens up PA. You have a young, fast WR, plus Moss, and 2 good TE. You need help on the interior OL, which can come through the draft, and you need help at DL and CB, which can come through the draft.

I'd say with a high pick on a QB or HB in year one, plus two good players at those other positions, you'd be well on your way to revitalizing that roster, and you could finish the job with a strong off-season in year two.

I really like their defense, and I think if you can manage the game with Beck while feeding the ball to a legit back, you can get to the playoffs after the first season.

I do find this a really intriguing team to use. Good topic.
Thanks for your input.....I proposed a trade for Tony Moeaki for Cooley straight up....I think I may make that move...With regards to a power back, who do you recommend?? Any interior linemen you would advise me to trade for??
Old 11-05-2011, 05:42 PM   #37
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm using the Skins as well in a offline Franchise. Right now I'm sitting at the bottom of the NFC East at (3-7). I noticed Hightower and Torain are both in contract years, I'm leaning towards signing Torain back and letting Hightower go. Same thing with Grossman and Beck. Grossman isn't horrible for me, and he has a (B) potential, so I may stick with him for a year or two depending on if I take a QB in the draft or not.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

WR David Gettis from the Panthers is a decent young WR
Old 11-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just started playing with the Redskins using Jarrods All-Madden Sliders, and I have to say I thought it would be a struggle. However, I'm sitting at 5-0 in week 7, and I can't seem to lose with these guys. I've never played defense as well with any team, and for some reason John Beck has been a machine picking apart the underneath routes. I fully intended having a brutal season and end up getting Luck. Now thats looking like a pipe dream.

As for trades, I have also struggled trying to find any deals that are really going to help me improve that could be viewed as fair trades. I ended up going through the deadline without moving anyone, before the draft hopefully I'll have my mind made up on who to dump.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:09 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 7

I am using the Skins as well in my offline franchise. I traded Rex Grossman and the 3rd picks in both the 2012 and 2013 draft for Tim Tebow. I am 1-2 right now. Lost 14-3 in my opener against the Giants, beat the Cardinals 24-21, and lost to the Cowboys 21-17. Tebow struggled the first game against NY, but he played well against the Cards and against Dallas. My running game was virtually non-existent until I faced Dallas. Hightower just isn't cutting it. Helu is going to get the starting nod in my next game against the Rams. Cooley is my leading receiver with Moss right behind him. My defense has played well against the pass, but has struggled against the run. Kerrigan and Orakpo both have 2.5 sacks thru 3 games.

As far as off-season moves go, I am going to try to get a DT that can stuff the middle, as well as some OL that will help my running game. I thought about initially trying to build Tebow up to increase his trade value in hopes to get either Luck or Jones, but I am really enjoying playing with him, so I may end up rolling with him for a few seasons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »