Home

OFFICIAL THREAD: once and for all, please just make the play clock run when kicking

This is a discussion on OFFICIAL THREAD: once and for all, please just make the play clock run when kicking within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2011, 12:06 AM   #1
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5
OFFICIAL THREAD: once and for all, please just make the play clock run when kicking

Seriously. I know you tried to nerf blocked kicks, but it STILL happens way too often online. Even when you mix up your timing, people are still getting an unrealistic head start because they know the kick is coming. How hard is it to just make it so the play clock keeps running? Why on earth does the play clock not just run in the first place? What purpose does it serve? Honestly. Please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2011, 04:26 AM   #2
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: OFFICIAL THREAD: once and for all, please just make the play clock run when kicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
Seriously. I know you tried to nerf blocked kicks, but it STILL happens way too often online. Even when you mix up your timing, people are still getting an unrealistic head start because they know the kick is coming. How hard is it to just make it so the play clock keeps running? Why on earth does the play clock not just run in the first place? What purpose does it serve? Honestly. Please.
Best advice I can give you is get into a sim league that doesn't allow such things. There will always be cheesers/glitchers in pick-up online games.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: OFFICIAL THREAD: once and for all, please just make the play clock run when kicki

Honestly I feel as if they fixed. No one has blocked my kick since then and I've only blocked one and the cpu did it and not me but it was called back for me being offsides.
I don't feel as it is still as big a issue.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
Rookie

meep316's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
Best advice I can give you is get into a sim league that doesn't allow such things. There will always be cheesers/glitchers in pick-up online games.
I am in a sim franchise, and I have people on my friends list that I play with who play the right way, but when nobody's on, I have to play randoms. I go into the lobby and ask for a straight game and 90% of the time I'll get it, but people still do that. It's just mind boggling as to why they would ever even make the clock stop in the first place. It's incredibly stupid and serves literally no purpose other than to unfairly tip your opponent as to when you're snapping the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja109
Honestly I feel as if they fixed. No one has blocked my kick since then and I've only blocked one and the cpu did it and not me but it was called back for me being offsides.
I don't feel as it is still as big a issue.
I had two blocked yesterday. It's improved, but it's still broken. The solution is so simple, yet for some reason they didn't fix it.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:39 PM   #5
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

maybe after it happens once or you notice a user doing it, try running a fake
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2011, 11:45 PM   #6
Rookie

meep316's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
maybe after it happens once or you notice a user doing it, try running a fake
Fake FGs are useless in this game, they get too much pressure quick.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:51 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 0

Can't you like hold the snap button or press X or something so that it delays the snap?

So you can mix up the timing?
Old 11-01-2011, 12:22 AM   #8
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

or if you put the arrow up in the air more? i know you wouldn't be able to hit a long FG this way but maybe it could avoid the block?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »