Home

Discovered EASY FRANCHISE TRADES!! must see!

This is a discussion on Discovered EASY FRANCHISE TRADES!! must see! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Discovered EASY FRANCHISE TRADES!! must see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argooos
I have always found it odd how people take advantage of the CPU's lack of common sense in trading, especially now that we can edit players. If you're making ridiculous trades to get good players in exchange for lesser players, why not just edit players to make them good? It's "cheating" either way in that either way you're giving yourself an unfair advantage. But really, if you don't care about realism in your franchise, what difference does it make?
I have in house rules as relate to trading. Really if the CPU will take a trade i will make it, but I restrain myself to:

1. Edit is turned off. This takes away that temptation. I see the need if someone wants to keep rosters accurate and adjust ratings from week to week as the official roster updates are made, but for me, once I start my franchise I don't care as much what is happening in the real world.

2. No signing FA's and trading. If I sign a player, I'm keeping him at least the remainder of that year. And I limit myself to one signing, before advancing a week so the CPU can sign/improve their team.

3. If I sign a FA, I'm also not trading a player at his position.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarbeez
I have in house rules as relate to trading. Really if the CPU will take a trade i will make it, but I restrain myself to:

1. Edit is turned off. This takes away that temptation. I see the need if someone wants to keep rosters accurate and adjust ratings from week to week as the official roster updates are made, but for me, once I start my franchise I don't care as much what is happening in the real world.

2. No signing FA's and trading. If I sign a player, I'm keeping him at least the remainder of that year. And I limit myself to one signing, before advancing a week so the CPU can sign/improve their team.

3. If I sign a FA, I'm also not trading a player at his position.
Those are some good house rules to keep it fair.
For #1, the reason I keep edit on is because I like to do some player progression of my own - most of it random, but some fixing problems I see where a player has progressed too much or not enough in my opinion.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:28 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 0

Yeah, so, uh...what's the point of this? If you wanna outsmart the CPU, there's a billion ways to do that.

1. Change the players position, then trade him.
2. Edit your own players to make them better.
3. Sign free agents, then edit them to make them better.
4. Control all 32 teams and then force whatever trades you want.
5. Control all 32 teams, then cut the players you want and sign them.

Most people don't do stuff like this because they want some semblance of realism. If realism and a challenge aren't exactly your cup of tea, then why not just play on Rookie and have your way with the CPU?
Old 11-02-2011, 08:12 AM   #20
Rookie

Lakshmi's Arena

OVR: 1

It's your game. I think u should play it as you see fit. It does not matter what folks think about how you play your game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »