Home

Need help with some Franchise decisions.

This is a discussion on Need help with some Franchise decisions. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Need help with some Franchise decisions.

I want to start a franchise and do a fantasy draft, but I'm not sure which team to use... Since it will be fantasy drafted players and team strengths/weaknesses aren't important, it pretty much all comes down to uniforms, stadiums and divisional rivalries. Any suggestions, right now I'm looking at either the Cowboys or the Ravens.

Also, I was hoping for some help making some personnel decisions. I want a QB who can be a dual threat, but not Mike Vick. I've got it down to a 3-way tie between Cam Newton, Jake Locker (with some edits to boost his running) or just take a terrible QB, suffer for a year and get Robert Griffin III in the draft. Cam seems like the obvious choice, but I don't really like him. I can't put a finger on why... I just don't like him.

Lastly, I want to take a power HB like LaGarrette Blount or Peyton Hillis, but I need a good speed back to be a change of pace HB. Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Need help with some Franchise decisions.

Stafford is a bit unknown for his running ability. Not stellar but he can scramble and has a cannon attached to his right shoulder.

Denard Robinson is another good choice if he came out in one of your draft classes. I'm using him in my Oakland franchise and he makes Vick look like an amateur at scrambling.

Noel Devine is a very fast running back who starts as a Free Agent. Very underrated player. Daren McFadden is a good combo of power and speed.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:06 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
Also, I was hoping for some help making some personnel decisions. I want a QB who can be a dual threat, but not Mike Vick. I've got it down to a 3-way tie between Cam Newton, Jake Locker (with some edits to boost his running) or just take a terrible QB, suffer for a year and get Robert Griffin III in the draft. Cam seems like the obvious choice, but I don't really like him. I can't put a finger on why... I just don't like him.
I like Cam. I have him in a fantasy draft franchise. You could always try to develop Pryor. Basically the same breed of QB - just much more raw of a talent.

Or maybe try to rejuvenate Vince Young. See if he can get his head on straight and develop before it's too late age-wise. Maybe go your "take a crap QB and suffer for a year" route and go with Young and Pryor and let them battle in the preseason. Or take Pryor and someone like Tavaris Jackson as #2. Or you could always get Brad Smith He's listed as a QB I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
Lastly, I want to take a power HB like LaGarrette Blount or Peyton Hillis, but I need a good speed back to be a change of pace HB. Any suggestions?
Devine is a pretty good choice, just be careful if you need him to stay in protection or run routes...his AWR is...bad. I mean Lindsay Lohan bad, but you can't deny his raw physical ability.

Jamaal Charles is a good fast guy (though you probably would have to take him kind of high and don't know if you could get both him and Blount or Hillis). Likewise with McFadden (he might be the best speed guy - and he even has a wrinkle in this game, right Gus?) Demarco Murray has Offensive Playmaker and good speed. Jacquizz Rodgers always seems to "play faster" than his SPD indicates. He also has Offensive Playmaker.

You could always try to get a speed back like Charles early, then grab up Mark Ingram. Ingram has crazy BCV already (95, I think) and is more of a power back. Nice CAR rating as well. He won't fumble on those tough inside runs in obvious run situations. Nothing says you can't start Ingram over Charles if you went that route or rotate at your pleasure. Could try an athletic FB as well and convert him to HB. Marecic seems like a good developmental candidate for something like that. Earnest Graham is a pretty good runner if you want a vet.

Off-hand, I can't think of any more developmental fast guys that are worth taking and you could get later/almost-at-your-leisure in the draft. I probably have some, but need to check my franchises.

Last edited by KBLover; 10-31-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
TheSaints7

OVR:
Post in the Who Should I Manage Thread.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 13

For QB you could also go with Colin Kaepernick if you want to develop someone from the ground up.

As for a backup HB with speed, Dexter McCluster could be a good choice as he should be available when you're picking backup HBs. I've got him and Ryan Matthews as my backs in my franchise and it's working pretty well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2011, 03:48 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argooos
For QB you could also go with Colin Kaepernick if you want to develop someone from the ground up.

As for a backup HB with speed, Dexter McCluster could be a good choice as he should be available when you're picking backup HBs. I've got him and Ryan Matthews as my backs in my franchise and it's working pretty well.
That's the guy!

I knew I took someone I hadn't used before and forgot who it was.

How can I forget a name like "Dexter". Or "McCluster" for that matter...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »