Home

Why do people say scouting is easy?

This is a discussion on Why do people say scouting is easy? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #9
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Why do people say scouting is easy?

Scouting is so easy because you can, at any time,
Spoiler

It may be a spoiler, so don't click on the below link if you don't want the details on how to do this:
Spoiler
Old 11-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

I haven't done a Madden 12 draft yet. What is the "way it was designed" vs "cheating". The last few years I didn't even scout because I figured it would be too easy and just drafted players based on their attribute web but that's gone this year.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12
I haven't done a Madden 12 draft yet. What is the "way it was designed" vs "cheating". The last few years I didn't even scout because I figured it would be too easy and just drafted players based on their attribute web but that's gone this year.
First off, cool user name .

In previous versions of Madden, you could scout 45+ players potential, and then in the draft get a lot of the other attributes. This would make drafting trivial, in the sense that with little difficulty you could get a whole draft of A B players. In Madden 12, it's designed such that you only get to see the potential of 5 players. However, due to bugs/glitches there are a couple of ways to see the potential of all players, thus making drafting trivial again.

If you don't understand the scouting system, drafting can be frustrating, but if you follow the link I posted above you'll have an easier time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12
the real problem is that its design is highly flawed. During the season, the only position that you can find any quality info on is Offensive linemen. Then in the off season you have the opportunity to see some attributes that are useful, but you can only get so much. Then with private workouts you can pick 5 players (i think) that you can unlock all info for. But you are basically picking these five at random, or if yo u spent the bulk of your points on the same guys you can use it on others taht you didnt spend points on.

the end result is that 65% of the players you will actually pick will have absolutely no data for you to pick them by, and if you focus on only a few players you really want to know about, then you really will be picking blind on the other players. At least with the web you had an idea, but now you only have their height weight and position. It is an incredibly poorly thought out process that boggles the mind when you realize that the same guy who did this also did NFL HC which was perfect in the way they handled this.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #13
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

well there is a draft guide that makes it super easy to do. there is also a trick which is sorting by potential which makes it easy as well. so if you do these then yes, it is extremly easy to scout. so all you need to do is just not use these things if you want it to remain a challenge.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

if you guys that say you can sort potential...why would you want to do that? why ruin the franchise for yourself to get all A pot guys? you would have a pro bowl team by year 3...IRL teams completly waste their drafts on busts and what not but as you guys should know, it only takes 1 good draft year to build a team...for me, i draft purely on depth, im not afraid to let go a 90 ovr player if he wants way to much money, then again in madden, i never have a problem with the cap to begin with...
Old 11-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #15
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by il blood il
if you guys that say you can sort potential...why would you want to do that?
I don't (I don't even scout at all), I'm just saying sorting by potential answers the OP's question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 20

I dont think it is really so much a matter of too easy or too hard. Its more a matter of there are a lot of positions that you really can't relevant information on and there are a lot of areas within each position that you can't learn anything about. Also what information you do get is also exactly correct so with the positions you can really scout it is way too easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »