Home

Young QBs to Start a Franchise With?

This is a discussion on Young QBs to Start a Franchise With? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Young QBs to Start a Franchise With?

I'd go with Locker. Accuracy progresses with time, speed and throw power don't. I'm not a huge fan of Mallet, he only has B potential too. Locker has the potential to become just as good as Newton, if you want a young QB to develop, I think he's your man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
I'd go with Locker. Accuracy progresses with time, speed and throw power don't. I'm not a huge fan of Mallet, he only has B potential too. Locker has the potential to become just as good as Newton, if you want a young QB to develop, I think he's your man.
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I always use Locker when I play with the Titans. His high play action rating is great with CJ2K because the defense respects him. I block the TE and look for a deep route to develop. Even if the pocket collapses I can sprint out of the pocket and still get a solid completion most of the time.

Did not know Mallet has a B potential. That is not great but I guess it is realistic. What is Gabbert's potential? Is Locker an A potential?
Old 11-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #27
MVP

Locker and Gabbert are A potential, all 1st rounders are.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

i did a colts franchise without peyton manning. got the first overall pick took andrew luck. year 2 and he is 94 overall. really good qb.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:34 AM   #29
Rookie

Woody19's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
Despite Mallett being B potential, I can recommend him nevertheless. I just started my third season with him at QB and by now he's 85 OVR. Pretty good development keeping in mind that he started off with 71 OVR.
And if you like passing out of the pocket, he definitely is a good choice
Old 11-10-2011, 07:54 AM   #30
Rookie

ukredskin's Arena

OVR: 2

Trade for mallet,i have him for my skins franchise.
This just shows how flawed maddens trade scheme is,i put grossman on the trade block just to see if i would be offered a young QB.Anyway NE offered me mallet.lol snapped there arm off,and to top it off,i managed to get a 4th round pick outta them too.madness.
MLB- Washington Nationals
NBA- Wizards
NHL-Capitals
Soccer - Manchester City
Old 11-10-2011, 08:23 AM   #31
MVP

Yeah but just because I can get the Steelers to trade me Timmons and a 2nd rounder for some 33 year old veteran guard doesn't mean I have to do it, really. You'll always be able to trade-rape the CPU into oblivion if you want to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2011, 11:26 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

In the 2nd year of my Jaguars franchise Locker had the best game of his career against the Bills in my week 9 game. He finished completing 20-34 for 378 yards and 3 touchdowns. He did throw one pick but that was a last minute heave on a third and long right before halftime when I was outside field goal range. He perfected the offense for the first time all season with no real mistakes, doing a nice job with the play action hitting a wide open wr down the middle of the field for a 60+ yard touchdown. He also threw touchdown passes to my TE. I'm starting to learn to throw more mid to deep passes instead of the constant short 5-10 yard passes. He tends to overthrow/underthrow them if thrown to much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »