Home

Franchise mode without controlling 32

This is a discussion on Franchise mode without controlling 32 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
Pro

War Eagle!'s Arena

OVR: 4
Franchise mode without controlling 32

Is there anyway to have a semi successful franchise without controlling all 32? I just don't have time to do that, nor the patience. My video game timing is limited and I just wanna have a Madden chise running with my NCAA dynasty.

I've read over M2H guide and it's just too much. All the cuts, losing the ability off CPU initiated trades, having to re-sign and draft for teams is just too much. Is there anyway to not have to go through this and a couple years down the line not have just awful teams floating around?

If not, please let me know so I can put this on Half or eBay before MW3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Franchise mode without controlling 32

I have salary cap off and I make sure I dont spend more than what the CAP would be and have had no problems...cpu seems to sign and resign players no problem now....I imported ncaa rosters and they seem okay....there were a decent amount of punters and kickers projected in early rounds, but they didnt get drafted....I didnt quite look at every team's draft (i.e. did the panthers draft another qb, etc), but it seems to be working fine...there was a patch and I wonder if that fixed some of the draft logic...i dunno....controlling all 32 wouldnt be bad for the off season, but when I switch to all 32 teams, when I put resign to CPU (even for user controlled teams) NO ONE GOT RESIGNED....I decided it was too much and just let the cpu do it all
Old 11-07-2011, 12:29 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm in the same boat as you are. I don't have time to coach all 32 teams and wish there was an easier way...
Old 11-07-2011, 07:10 AM   #4
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I play a 1 team chise and don't have a problem. Once and a while you see someone with a good QB draft another one in the first round or something, but I don't care about that. So you can play it controlling just 1 team, and things will be fine.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

I play only 1 team franchises and I really don't see what's the problem with that. Yes, the CPU makes some dumb moves, but it's not like it completely screws up the other 31 teams. I say just go for it and try not to completely trade-rape the CPU teams. Just because the CPU would be fine to trade a 74 OVR rookie for a 76 OVR 33 year old player doesn't mean you have to pull the trigger...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #6
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

If other teams doing unrealistic stuff from time to time doesn't both you then you can run just 1 team.

I run 2 franchise's, 1 team in one and 32 teams in the other. A lot of times teams will draft QB's over their young developing talent (SF, TEN, MIN, ect...) and that bugs me, so I like to have a franchise where I can have the teams drafting at least semi-realistic.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #7
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I started a 32 team 'chise but I've concluded it's not my thing. When I play franchise mode, I'm sorta oblivious to what other teams are doing (as long as I'm being challenged on the field). My personal remedy to the UDFA issue is to only run through about 2 (maybe 3) years in franchise mode, which is about normal for me.

I hope when I get to next year, the shoulder pads aren't as wonky across the board as some folks have alluded to. I'm only 8 weeks in right now as I've had to keep restarting franchises -- mainly due to system issues.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:27 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've had a good experience with a 1-team. Like the other said, occasionally the CPU will do some weird things, but after 5 years in my chise, there are some pretty good CPU teams to contend with.

Here's my basic tips:

1 and 1a. Find good sliders that make the on-field game competitive and challenging. If it isn't, you'll lose interest quickly, no matter what else happens. Also, check out the thread on coaching scheme and player priorities as that can make a decent in-game difference too if you tune it right.

2. Don't cheat scouting (i.e. sort by potential). I realize it's unrealistic not to know anything about a prospect, but if you cheat then it's way to easy to load up your roster. If you play the game as designed, it's a good challenge and you get your share of good ones and busts too.

3. Don't make illogical trades with the CPU. By that, I mean, ask yourself, "does this make sense?" before you hit the trade button, even if the CPU is allowing it. I mean this especially in taking really high draft picks or low-rated talent with high potential from the CPU for older veterans. Teams rarely do that today, except for the Raiders (you can do it to the Raiders if you want to have fun).

4. Injuries: I leave them on except for the weeks where I scout (i.e. week 1, 5, 9, 13 and 17). Some may not mind it, but the injury bug can be a little ridiculous if you leave them on all 17 weeks. This is mostly an issue if you sim games like I do (I sim most of the regular season and play the playoffs).

5. Signing bonuses. Give them to the high draft picks and good FAs, but other players shouldn't get them. That way you can turnover your roster if guys aren't getting it done and you want to upgrade. Keep the cap on...I think it's the best challenge when you get a bunch of young talent and then have to find ways to keep it long-term without killing your cap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »