Home

Having trouble on All Madden?

This is a discussion on Having trouble on All Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

OVR: 3
Having trouble on All Madden?

I just discovered that lowering the speed threshold to 0 actually makes the game easier. I cannot explain why this is the case but I tried Jarods sliders with my threshold on 50 and it was cheating not challenging. I tried lowering the threshold and viola! So if you are having trouble finding sliders that are challenging without cheating, then start by lowering your threshold to 0 and go from there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Having trouble on All Madden?

Or you could go to the skill level better suited to your individual skill and work your way up to being on All-Madden without having to change any sliders.

That too is an option - it just takes longer.

Later
Old 11-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

These have some good videos on M12 w/ different threshold testing. Bout mid pg 1. Also these were tested w/ adjusted coaching schemes, unlike others. The CPU doesn't get stupid just bc your up 2 scores w/ these. And you dont have to use all 32 teams to get coaching schemes to work for the CPU!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...o-realism.html

Last edited by dfos81; 11-09-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Or you could go to the skill level better suited to your individual skill and work your way up to being on All-Madden without having to change any sliders.

That too is an option - it just takes longer.

Later

For me the all madden default sliders are crap as far as realism goes. There are way too many broken tackles, dropped balls by the user etc. That's why I adjust sliders...as my signature says I'd rather lose than have ridiculous stats......I can't play on default and enjoy it because I get unrealistic stats.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 11-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #5
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXL78
I just discovered that lowering the speed threshold to 0 actually makes the game easier. I cannot explain why this is the case but I tried Jarods sliders with my threshold on 50 and it was cheating not challenging. I tried lowering the threshold and viola! So if you are having trouble finding sliders that are challenging without cheating, then start by lowering your threshold to 0 and go from there.
It's easier at 0 because slow players aren't given a speed boost and they don't glide/fly around the field like the law of physics don't exist, but at higher levels they do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 08:17 PM   #6
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
It's easier at 0 because slow players aren't given a speed boost and they don't glide/fly around the field like the law of physics don't exist, but at higher levels they do.
Man you guys act like 0 threshold is the bomb diggity or something lol. I spent abt 8hrs or more testing threshold alone! I posted videos and still guys are wondering why there games are high scoring, a kr or Pr td every gm or every other game.

Jeeze, nobody has any videos on how 100 threshold(on M12, not previous Maddens) is making slow players glide or fly. But I've got video proof that it tightened up the playing field.
And if your going to harp on animations, gliding, warping, tron jogging. Show me a Madden that hasn't had this issue on any slider level? I'll wait for some video proof showing why 100 threshold doesn't help the gameplay.

Anybody want proof on why its better on M12 w/ higher threshold. Check out these videos abt mid pg. Under the hardcore/med/base sliders. About mid to bottom pg. Prove me wrong, I'll wait!

Last edited by dfos81; 11-09-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:12 PM   #7
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Man you guys act like 0 threshold is the bomb diggity or something lol. I spent abt 8hrs or more testing threshold alone! I posted videos and still guys are wondering why there games are high scoring, a kr or Pr td every gm or every other game.

Jeeze, nobody has any videos on how 100 threshold(on M12, not previous Maddens) is making slow players glide or fly. But I've got video proof that it tightened up the playing field.
And if your going to harp on animations, gliding, warping, tron jogging. Show me a Madden that hasn't had this issue on any slider level? I'll wait for some video proof showing why 100 threshold doesn't help the gameplay.

Anybody want proof on why its better on M12 w/ higher threshold. Check out these videos abt mid pg. Under the hardcore/med/base sliders. About mid to bottom pg. Prove me wrong, I'll wait!
I think the fact that 86 speed WRs can consistently beat 98 speed CBs deep is proof enough for me that 100 Threshold does NOT help gameplay. AND, 0 threshold is NOT the reason people get high-scoring games, or the reason that they have more kick or punt return TDs. I've only returned 1 kick for a touchdown, and that's when I had the threshold at 50. At 0, I've only ever gotten out to the 40, so...

Put the threshold at whatever you find best for you. If you want a more arcade-like experience, set it to 100. If you want a more sim-like experience, set the threshold to somewhere below 35.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:51 AM   #8
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
I think the fact that 86 speed WRs can consistently beat 98 speed CBs deep is proof enough for me that 100 Threshold does NOT help gameplay. AND, 0 threshold is NOT the reason people get high-scoring games, or the reason that they have more kick or punt return TDs. I've only returned 1 kick for a touchdown, and that's when I had the threshold at 50. At 0, I've only ever gotten out to the 40, so...

Put the threshold at whatever you find best for you. If you want a more arcade-like experience, set it to 100. If you want a more sim-like experience, set the threshold to somewhere below 35.
Show me, you guys can talk all you want. I proven speed still matters in my videos w/ 100 threshold, what have you proven? This year Madden has less of the suction issues so its not like past Maddens w/ the threshold high.

Can anyone prove an 86 spd beat 96 spd on 100 threshold? I'll wait for your proof to back up your claims bro.
It's not a fact just bc you say so lol. Prove me wrong please.
Here's mine http://www.operationsports.com/forum...o-realism.html

And of course JERROD likes it, even though the last guy using his sliders tested it and had a much better/closer game and they didn't score 50 like they did 5 or more gms in a row on 0 threshold. Go check his sliders and see some more proof.
I'm still waiting on your proof and I'm sure you'll have an excuse of why you can't prove anything. So keep talking and guys like Jerrod can like you all day lol.

Last edited by dfos81; 11-10-2011 at 11:00 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »