Home

Tight Ends easier to use then WRs?

This is a discussion on Tight Ends easier to use then WRs? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 14
Tight Ends easier to use then WRs?

Has anybody else found this to be the case?

Its as easy as boxing out your defender. When I throw to the tight ends it is usually a slant, drag, or curl. With all of these routes I throw the ball as soon as the TE breaks and then user control the TE to get between the defender and the ball, once this happens, the TEs superior size makes it impossible for the defender to have a shot at breaking the pass up so they can only tackle him once the catch is made. This works consistently throughout each game, with every team I choose. I try to mix these routes into my play calling especially if the QB has struggled completing passes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Tight Ends easier to use then WRs?

Another reason its easier is the tight end usually starts closer to the center of the field or quarterback, so the ball doesn't have to travel as far to a tight end as it does a receiver.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #3
Pro

HadlerT's Arena

OVR: 25

Rob Gronkowski is a beast. Vernon Davis is unstopable againt the zone, and Heath Miller is a catch machine in my NE, SF, and Pitt franchises I have recently done. (Now I'm doing a DEN franchise, and they have no TE's to pass too.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadlerT
Rob Gronkowski is a beast. Vernon Davis is unstopable againt the zone, and Heath Miller is a catch machine in my NE, SF, and Pitt franchises I have recently done. (Now I'm doing a DEN franchise, and they have no TE's to pass too.
I can't speak for Heath Miller, but the others are definitely beasts. I found that I targeted GronKowski a lot when I used NE despite how loaded their roster is at WR. Vernon Davis is a beast on play actions when I take a break from owning the defense with Frank Gore. It might sound unrealistic but Kendricks off the Rams is a beast on this game. Every time I use the Rams, Bradford can hit Kendricks on a post off play action 8 times out of 10. He almost always gets over 100 yards REC.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Madden is also notoriously easy to complete passes over the middle. YOu could put a WR in the slot or wing and get the same results. I do anyway.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2011, 01:26 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0

Tight Ends are incredibly easy to throw to. You can just send them on streak routes all day and time your passes well. Greg Olsen averages like 19 YPC. It's partially because the linebackers tend to drift outside, leaving a window on pretty much every pass play to the Tight End. Even in man coverage, my TE loses linebackers easily. And if the LBs are blitzing, it's really easy to just gun it to the Tight End before the safety has a chance to react and you have an easy 5 - 8 yard pass.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:00 AM   #7
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Madden is also notoriously easy to complete passes over the middle.
I can't believe how often it works. It's really annoying. I know you can run a zone and that slows it down but it can be pretty easy to tell when someone is playing a zone then you can just hot route a reciever to beat the zone.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:51 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by illWILL8455
Has anybody else found this to be the case?

Its as easy as boxing out your defender. When I throw to the tight ends it is usually a slant, drag, or curl. With all of these routes I throw the ball as soon as the TE breaks and then user control the TE to get between the defender and the ball, once this happens, the TEs superior size makes it impossible for the defender to have a shot at breaking the pass up so they can only tackle him once the catch is made. This works consistently throughout each game, with every team I choose. I try to mix these routes into my play calling especially if the QB has struggled completing passes.
Yes. I throw to my TE's quite a bit. I use more routes (streaks, ins, outs, slants, hooks, slant outs, posts, corners, speed outs, etc..). Regarding your offense though, I can think of at least 5 adjustments I'd run that would force you to change your plan and/or execution to move the ball consistently using this method.

Don't tell me... You're playing the CPU?

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »