Home

any news on a new patch coming?

This is a discussion on any news on a new patch coming? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2011, 09:59 PM   #17
Pro

Bushido's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: any news on a new patch coming?

I won't get the game until they fix the CPU releasing their real life draft picks to keep some cpu generated free-agent rookie after pre-season.

And no, I'm not willing to control all 32 teams.

Hopefully that's in the patch.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:28 AM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido247
I won't get the game until they fix the CPU releasing their real life draft picks to keep some cpu generated free-agent rookie after pre-season.

And no, I'm not willing to control all 32 teams.

Hopefully that's in the patch.
I wouldn't hold your breath. The developer who produced offline franchise stated on Twitter it's not a bug and wasn't a part of the last patch.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:01 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hopefully they fix some players havin huge shoulder pads, like some recievers, (plax for me)....and yes the pass interference is rediculous, last time I saw a PI call the nba was still goin!
Old 11-12-2011, 02:13 AM   #20
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rook2121
Hopefully they fix some players havin huge shoulder pads, like some recievers, (plax for me)....and yes the pass interference is rediculous, last time I saw a PI call the nba was still goin!
OMG again with the shoulder pads...

Can the gameplay and realism be fixed before making everyone "look" like their real-life counterpart? This is why EA is so damn confused.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:44 AM   #21
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

Uh... although it doesn't bug me, the OUTRAGEOUS 1970's shoulder pads and horribly generated bodies, impact the realism of the game more than bad zone defense or whatever.

Like it or not, the visuals need to be addressed because that is the first thing people notice.

On the tuner updates: It occurs to me that there have been no tuner set updates because the game hasn't really needed them to this point.

It seems like the people that need things tweaked do it using the sliders for the most part and the people that don't use sliders don't seem to have a problem with the gameplay. Hence, no need for a tuning update.

Also, if they are a way to circumnavigate the three patch/update maximum, then it stands to reason they wouldn't see use until after the third patch is released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2011, 04:50 AM   #22
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
OMG again with the shoulder pads...

Can the gameplay and realism be fixed before making everyone "look" like their real-life counterpart? This is why EA is so damn confused.
No reason they can't fix both especially since EA prides it self on being true to the game as they say... That said a patch isn't going to give us all new gameplay what we have from Madden 12 is kinda what we get it and it plays rather fine to me..

The shoulder pads issue is a large problem for some players just like ugly field textures were in the PS3 version of the game its not like were talking about equipment being wrong or shoes or something some of these player have hulking shoulders and ridiculous body features and it ruins immersion.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #23
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

If you can remember Tecmo Superbowl on NES, there's no reason to complain about shoulder pads. Maybe I'm the only guy that could careless about graphics/presentation (I really don't think that's the case). I'd rather have a game fix so when I go 4 wide and run a draw play the CPU doesn't put it's defense in man up 3 deep prevent defense!!! THAT is more important than shoulder pads to me. Either everyone is a spoiled kid or a lot of people can't remember the first games they played.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #24
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
If you can remember Tecmo Superbowl on NES, there's no reason to complain about shoulder pads. Maybe I'm the only guy that could careless about graphics/presentation (I really don't think that's the case). I'd rather have a game fix so when I go 4 wide and run a draw play the CPU doesn't put it's defense in man up 3 deep prevent defense!!! THAT is more important than shoulder pads to me. Either everyone is a spoiled kid or a lot of people can't remember the first games they played.

I'm sorry but that is just a very poor example.

I do not particular care about the graphics either, but you cannot use "they are better than NES graphics" to justify the issues with M12 graphics - that is just ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »