Home

any news on a new patch coming?

This is a discussion on any news on a new patch coming? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2011, 10:38 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: any news on a new patch coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
The tuners are a set of sliders that can be adjusted to impact various facets of how each game plays. In the case of the "NHL" series, this could be anything from how effective poke checks are to skating speed; basically, wholesale adjustments which impact the way each game plays.
Would be nice if we had access to adjust this stuff OURSELVES instead of waiting for the "gods" to hand us fire.

/spoiledbyOOTP
Old 11-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokeff
Uh... although it doesn't bug me, the OUTRAGEOUS 1970's shoulder pads and horribly generated bodies, impact the realism of the game more than bad zone defense or whatever.
DT getting way too much pass rush and finesse pass rush moves not nearly being as effective, potentially rendering capable pass rushers as less dominating as they are in real life is less realism impacting than shoulder pads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokeff
It seems like the people that need things tweaked do it using the sliders for the most part and the people that don't use sliders don't seem to have a problem with the gameplay. Hence, no need for a tuning update.
Show me the slider for getting better finesse moves without making bull rushing a given win against a blocker? If there isn't one (and pass rush slider doesn't do it - it makes ALL pass rush moves better, including the already strong bull rush move), then there needs to be a tuning to change it as that's one of those "under the hood" play resolution things we can't touch directly (or at all).

Same for 4-man rushing in All-Madden mode, even with pass blocking at 0.

I mean, look at all the stuff that had to be discovered (and still discovered) just to "fix" the DT getting too many sacks? Coaching sliders, gameplay sliders, pinching protection every single play - it needs to be tuned.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
DT getting way too much pass rush and finesse pass rush moves not nearly being as effective, potentially rendering capable pass rushers as less dominating as they are in real life is less realism impacting than shoulder pads?

Show me the slider for getting better finesse moves without making bull rushing a given win against a blocker? If there isn't one (and pass rush slider doesn't do it - it makes ALL pass rush moves better, including the already strong bull rush move), then there needs to be a tuning to change it as that's one of those "under the hood" play resolution things we can't touch directly (or at all).

I mean, look at all the stuff that had to be discovered (and still discovered) just to "fix" the DT getting too many sacks? Coaching sliders, gameplay sliders, pinching protection every single play - it needs to be tuned.
If there was a like button that was called "like 1000x", I would have pushed it for this post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #36
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover

This is a big issue. I run the 3-4 and the 4-3 is more effective with 4 power move/block shedding 300 + lb lineman... really!?!? Freeney/Mathis/Osi are pointless in this game!!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 11

Pass rushing and defensive sim stats are the biggest issues for me. There are not ~30 10+ sack guys every year in the NFL. Try cutting that number roughly in half. That has been an issue for at least a few years now and yet it has never been addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."
Old 11-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 7

the biggest thing for me is the over powering Oline in online games VS the Comp. its just way to easy to run a dive play for atleast 6 yards following the C.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:22 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Your over reacting, but whatever
Im over reacting? Please tell me how?

Going off of your post in which to me you come off as a smart alek, you act like we dont know that coding isnt as simple as you assumed we thought it was. Im not the one going to the consumers and selling them on things they know we love to hear and have been asking for. Its been ages since someone came up with the idea in a wish list thread about something thats similar to tuner updates.

They tell us Madden 12 will have it and we have yet to see or hear anything about it post release. Pre release has them churning out that hype machine with us waiting for the next morsel of info to drop. Now we dont even get a "helloo" from them let alone a blog update on whats going on behind the scenes in regards to madden 12.

So no, I wasnt over reacting, you didnt need to educate us on the difficulties of programming or programming 101. We just want some news on the game we are trying to love and keep enjoying til next summer!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #40
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm not holding my breath for another patch, but...

...what I will say is that the Madden team has basically undone all of the progress Ian made with transparency and interaction. Yes, I do realize that Ian didn't interact much himself either after M10. Still, we weren't in the complete dark as we are now.

I'll continue to say M12 is a good football game for me. But there are issues that could've warranted a simple, "We see the complaints about [name an] issue, but we're unfortunately unable to address it this year."

I don't like comparing how other games are handled b/c I don't follow the development of other games like I do Madden. However, I do follow Ronnie2K on Twitter and it seemed like he was right in the midst of any issues that cropped up since release. I hear they had some online issues that were mishandled, but I still think they were more receptive to negative feedback than the M12 team has been.

To their credit, the previous patch notes indicates that they are listening in some form or fashion. But with no acknowledgement of any sort, you just never know...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »