Home

How do we feel about this?

This is a discussion on How do we feel about this? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: How do we feel about this?

This is pretty messed up though.... You always get people complaining about cheese and such then EA either patches the exploit into oblivion or nukes it in the next yrs edition and it cripples other areas of gameplay thanks to a select few who decided they wanted to abuse the slant routes to hell and back or blitz a fast small cover corner from the lber spot.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 8

OK... Having seen the video in question, as well as read the entire thread, I'm wondering what the big deal is. Warning: This is not a nice post. If you are sensitive and prone to tears - STOP READING NOW.

When I saw the video, I thought to myself... If Best keeps going to the outside, he's dropped. If he cuts back, he at least has a chance to gain more yards. I also thought that Revis, although he didn't make the tackle, did exactly what the run force man should do to turn the play back inside.

If REAL MADDEN PLAYERS watch and listen to the entire video, they will know that there are several situations (most not addressed) that will render this technique useless.

That brings me to the point that Havokeff made: People don't want Madden to be realistic. They want a panties pulled up to the chin football experience.

They don't want to have to eat, sleep, drink, and breathe Madden 24 hours a day like a real coach would. They don't want to have to dedicate a day of practice for every hour of actual game time. Many of them don't even bother learning how to control their players so they get upset when the CPU seems inadequate to do what they should be doing.

They WATCH MADDEN... While their opponent PLAYS MADDEN.

I know it seems like I'm a broken record. I feel like one. But I've yet to see SKILLED Madden players arguing about player control - they just control players.

Just saying... If people would spend less time complaining about the game and actually start playing it with the same SIM spirit they seem to want everyone else to share - we wouldn't have this discussion.

IMO, I prefer to get advice from Madden players that play Madden than to continue listening to the fans that exert their effort moaning about Madden. Any fool can complain about Madden (and they do). But it takes a special breed to play it, with effort and dedication, in spite of the flaws that the least common denominator finds objectionable...

Notice how this juke worked on the CPU... I bet it doesn't work like that against a human who knows how to square up and tackle. Maybe the guys working on complaining would get better results if they worked on tackling...

And before anyone says "I've been playing Madden for ____ years. I know how to play," - I'll respond - not if you're complaining. If you were actually PLAYING the game instead of WATCHING the CPU play it, you wouldn't have to complain. They would just get the job done.

Later
Old 11-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #11
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I've never been happy with how defense in general plays. I've never been happy with EA's "vision" for defense. Or, in other words, the shortcuts they take to keep the CPU viable.

I'm sick of:

A) 5 and 6 man blitzes every down.
B) The lack of better momentum and physics for defenders
C) The super linebackers
D) CPUs knowing the plays I call and countering them
E) The lack of optics for all defenders
F) The ineffective defensive ends and terrible line interactions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegout
im pretty sure ea doesnt promot it, if i remember correctly ea was trying to get them ebook sites shut down.
id guess they get locked and banned for going over board with their rant/rage at ea devs, but last time i checked ea doesnt run this board
You've been misinformed... Prima is EA's official strategy guide source. The sites EA was shutting down were sites that competed with this one (ie. had written for Prima in the past).

Later
Old 11-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
OK... Having seen the video in question, as well as read the entire thread, I'm wondering what the big deal is. Warning: This is not a nice post. If you are sensitive and prone to tears - STOP READING NOW.

When I saw the video, I thought to myself... If Best keeps going to the outside, he's dropped. If he cuts back, he at least has a chance to gain more yards. I also thought that Revis, although he didn't make the tackle, did exactly what the run force man should do to turn the play back inside.

If REAL MADDEN PLAYERS watch and listen to the entire video, they will know that there are several situations (most not addressed) that will render this technique useless.

That brings me to the point that Havokeff made: People don't want Madden to be realistic. They want a panties pulled up to the chin football experience.

They don't want to have to eat, sleep, drink, and breathe Madden 24 hours a day like a real coach would. They don't want to have to dedicate a day of practice for every hour of actual game time. Many of them don't even bother learning how to control their players so they get upset when the CPU seems inadequate to do what they should be doing.

They WATCH MADDEN... While their opponent PLAYS MADDEN.

I know it seems like I'm a broken record. I feel like one. But I've yet to see SKILLED Madden players arguing about player control - they just control players.

Just saying... If people would spend less time complaining about the game and actually start playing it with the same SIM spirit they seem to want everyone else to share - we wouldn't have this discussion.

IMO, I prefer to get advice from Madden players that play Madden than to continue listening to the fans that exert their effort moaning about Madden. Any fool can complain about Madden (and they do). But it takes a special breed to play it, with effort and dedication, in spite of the flaws that the least common denominator finds objectionable...

Notice how this juke worked on the CPU... I bet it doesn't work like that against a human who knows how to square up and tackle. Maybe the guys working on complaining would get better results if they worked on tackling...

And before anyone says "I've been playing Madden for ____ years. I know how to play," - I'll respond - not if you're complaining. If you were actually PLAYING the game instead of WATCHING the CPU play it, you wouldn't have to complain. They would just get the job done.

Later
TNT, I agree with you completely. I feel like we are saying the same thing. We know people think they are capable of being good at madden, but they can't apply natural football concepts to it. I'm not saying the Jahvid Best play unstoppable, but the fact that some of this is made out to be this out of this world move. A simple shift of the defense, and making sure that youre positioning yourself correctly, kills this play. I just don't like people being taught the wrong crap which I feel this is something. Doing stuff like this gets you beat more often than not when you play someone with common sense and can translate what they want to/need to do to the sticks. But it's because people that don't take the time out end up the scenario I explained(bans/rants etc)

Xbox Live - SaveUs D2J

Last edited by DeuceZeroz; 11-10-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
You've been misinformed... Prima is EA's official strategy guide source. The sites EA was shutting down were sites that competed with this one (ie. had written for Prima in the past).

Later
word.. all i know was they had sites shut down. i dont really get into all that stuff i just read somewhere awhile ago about it...
Old 11-11-2011, 01:41 AM   #15
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Yea... If Jim Schwartz could get Jahvid Best to do a glitch juke that, no matter what direction or speed the RB had previously, and no matter if the defender knew if that exact move was coming or not, it would always work, he would run it. But, guess what, that's impossible. And if Belichek could get his defense to run a three man blitz that would completely confuse the O-line every single time, and the offensive tackles would completely ignore the DEs, then he would run that. But, again, that's impossible.

So what did we learn today?
That your reading comprehension is pretty bad.
PLAYING WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE GAME. That means taking into account what the game allows, even if it isn't something you would actually see in a real game. Understand now sport?

Quote:
If you're trying to make an argument, and you don't want to come off as ignorant, don't use examples that are completely impossible to ever occur as your defense.
Not a big fan of word comprehension either I see.

Quote:
The simple matter is that, these are exploits/glitches, and those are the kind of things that "pro" Madden players have to continually abuse over and over again in order to be successful. Madden tournaments aren't about "who is better". They're about "who knows the better glitches, or who knows the most".
So you are saying that it is about knowing and understanding the game you are playing better than your opponent and using that to your advantage. Oh man.

Quote:
And how do you figure that people wouldn't play Madden if it was realistic? If you had to use actual strategy and skill, while playing to your team's strengths and exploiting your opponent's weaknesses, while also being unable to use any glitches or exploits, why wouldn't people play? That sounds pretty damn awesome to me!
Wow. Just can't quite figure it out can you.
There is a point where realism becomes tedious. The Head Coach spin off games come to mind.
What people here want is a 90% computer run simulation while getting to occasionally make a trade or control a running back or linebacker during a game.
Think that isn't true? How many people here would play through five days of practice and game planning, literally hours of play to play one half hour to hour long game. Play through three weeks of training camp? How many people actually turn of the accelerated clocks and spend the real amount of time it takes getting plays in on the offense?
Exactly. That was my tangential point, which obviously, you didn't grasp.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »