Home

players that quit online games.

This is a discussion on players that quit online games. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: players that quit online games.

Football is a rough sport played by tough men... It is not a game for the faint of heart.

That said, there are thousands of faint hearted Madden players who are neither prepared for a video game simulation of a rough game such as football, but aren't mentally tough enough to fight thru the adversity that comes with the very nature and intensity of the sport.

Maybe they don't care enough to build the skills they need or they are looking for shortcuts to a game that requires years to master - they aren't READY for online play.

The saddest part is that there are many players that up and quit games masquerading as honorable players. Some use their misguided sense of honor to justify quitting and even attempt to convince others that quitting in certain circumstances is their duty - instead of merely being the easy way out of a potentially pride threatening loss. SUCKERS... The lot of them, IMO.

IMO, Madden players without the tenacity to play football, a sport where players are knocked down over and over again only to get up just as often, shouldn't be playing football games against other people.

Later
Old 11-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Football is a rough sport played by tough men... It is not a game for the faint of heart.

That said, there are thousands of faint hearted Madden players who are neither prepared for a video game simulation of a rough game such as football, but aren't mentally tough enough to fight thru the adversity that comes with the very nature and intensity of the sport.

Maybe they don't care enough to build the skills they need or they are looking for shortcuts to a game that requires years to master - they aren't READY for online play.

The saddest part is that there are many players that up and quit games masquerading as honorable players. Some use their misguided sense of honor to justify quitting and even attempt to convince others that quitting in certain circumstances is their duty - instead of merely being the easy way out of a potentially pride threatening loss. SUCKERS... The lot of them, IMO.

IMO, Madden players without the tenacity to play football, a sport where players are knocked down over and over again only to get up just as often, shouldn't be playing football games against other people.

Later
See bolded...very true. The dudes that crack me up are the ones who get on here and said I gave the cheeser a taste of there own cheese medicine; then claim they are sim and hate cheese.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #11
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoonie05
Does it matter?? Especially when you're getting a win anyway??
I just don't think it's right. You should at least wait until the 4th qrt when you have very little time left to comeback. If you offer a mutual quit that's fine, I know I still get the win, I just don't like it when people simply pull the plug or quit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2011, 01:47 PM   #12
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Later

Funny post TNT. LOL!

However, I suppose it's true. This game can get very intense and believe me, I've taken my licks when playing this game online but I never just up and quit without my opponent agreeing to it.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:53 PM   #13
Banned

Quit is a 4-letter word!

I took an L in every game of Madden I played for the first two years of playing it... Every loss just made me want to win more. Anybody can stick it out when they are winning. But it takes a special breed to keep battling through some of the beatings people take regularly on Madden.

Most Madden players are NOT that special breed. Sad but true. Tenacity is just a word to them.

Later
Old 11-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #14
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

Quote:
Quit is a 4-letter word!

I took an L in every game of Madden I played for the first two years of playing it... Every loss just made me want to win more. Anybody can stick it out when they are winning. But it takes a special breed to keep battling through some of the beatings people take regularly on Madden.

Most Madden players are NOT that special breed. Sad but true. Tenacity is just a word to them.

Later
Cos I'm
T.N.T.
I'm Dynamite
T.N.T.
And I'll win the fight
T.N.T.
I'm a power-load
T.N.T.
Watch me Explode
Old 11-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #15
Rookie

Aolian_Am's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

The saddest part is that there are many players that up and quit games masquerading as honorable players.

lol, this is totally me. not very proud of it but true. i'm pretty good about not quitting in most of the situations you guys described, but when a person has clearly won, i have no t/o and less than 2 minutes, and your still passing the ball, i will rage quit.

Quote:

Some use their misguided sense of honor to justify quitting and even attempt to convince others that quitting in certain circumstances is their duty - instead of merely being the easy way out of a potentially pride threatening loss. SUCKERS... The lot of them, IMO.
i guess i'm kind of falling into this catergory too, but i would never justify letting anger get the best of you lol, and that is really what happens in my case, probally most others too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #16
Rookie

Aolian_Am's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
Cos I'm
T.N.T.
I'm Dynamite
T.N.T.
And I'll win the fight
T.N.T.
I'm a power-load
T.N.T.
Watch me Explode
oh and breeuh..2...3...4
breeuh..2...3...4
breeuh..2...breeuh...4
breeuh..2...breeuh...4
breeuh...breeuh....breeuh...breeuh
breeuh(ringing out in 1/16th notes)

p.s. breeuh is the sound of a distorted A note with a full step bend to G and some wahh added in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »