Home

CPU vs. CPU Franchises

This is a discussion on CPU vs. CPU Franchises within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU vs. CPU Franchises

For those users out there that do CPU vs. CPU franchises, what sliders are you using for 2012 or any other information that you can give to improve CPU vs. CPU? Just got the game and want to get a good franchise going.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2011, 10:17 PM   #2
Pro

Re: CPU vs. CPU Franchises

I think I just found the perfect CPU vs CPU sliders;
Gameflow n
Fatigue:60
Pro Settings
Very Slow
Speed threshold at 50

Penalties;
Offside 100
False Start 75
Holding 62
Face Mask 52
Def PI 100
Off PI 100
KR/PR Interference 100
Clipping 55
Int Grounding 100
Roughing Passer 25
Roughing Kicker 100

I have Player Skill and CPU EXACTLY the SAme, nevertheless I'm doing CPU vs CPU;
Pass Acc 50
Pass Block 55
WR catch 45

Broken Tackles 50
Run Blocking 55
Fumbles 45

Pass Reaction 25
Interceptions 0
Pass Rush 50

Rush React 60
Block Shedding 25
Tackiling 25

Special Teams;

FG power 60
FG Accuracy 45
Punt power 40
Punt Accuracy 60
Kickoff 50

My Auto-subs are at DEFAULT (I'm compensating by increasing my fatigue to 60)

VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!!
You must start game with controller on one of the teams, then switch to neutral on kickoff when ball is in the air.
THIS IS CRUCIAL!!
I'm playing 15 minute QTRs in FRanchise mode.

BTW, I am considering lowering pass rush to 40.

These are the sliders you want. I've tried everybodys and for three months couldnt find any on this board that works. Try these!
And my thanks goes to Jboogie's original set which I altered only slightly.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot; You want to download the patch.

Last edited by shadia147; 11-13-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #3
K22
Rookie

OVR: 3

....cool....but shouldn't this be in with the sliders posts?
Old 11-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
Rookie

shadia147,

Thanks for the sliders information, going to try them out and see if I need to tweak them to suit my preference one way or the other.

K22,

My original post probably should be in the sliders section but I was curious to see if CPU vs. CPU players changed anything else outside of the sliders/coaching to make their play more enjoyable.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:02 PM   #5
Pro

I thought about that after i HAD ALREADY REPLIED. i FIGURED WHAT THE HECK.
I have to tell you that I CPU each and every game for all 32 teams. I have all the GM logic set to Auto or CPU. So that means I have no idea how they SIM out, or whether they work in "Play Now".
And I remind you that you MUST start each game with the controller on one team or the other. Then switch to neutral on kickoff while the ball is in the air.
Feel free to tinker. But seriously, I fought this game for two months, 5 or 6 hours a night, every night, trying to get sliders that worked. Nothing on the board worked! And I tried them all. But then JBoogie posted his original set, so I tried them. Whattayaknow, It was almost perfect. I say almost because his penalties were too low, and his original Auto-subs meant a rotation of all of his RBs rather than split time between his best two.

One thing I was seeing using Jboogie's set was that running backs were getting two thirds of the plays. And therefore racking up huge total numbers because they were carrying the ball 35-40 times a game.
So I amped up the Holding Penalties and False Start. This created more situations with second and long, forcing the offense to pass their way out rather than running on second and short. This seemed to work. It also meant that teams are getting 5-10 penalties a game. Which, if you look at box scores is more realistic than the one or none I was getting from the previous set.
The other thing was that Jboogie had his pass awareness set at 100. I was seeing three dBs covering every receiver.. triple coverage on every pass.
By lowering that setting, I am now seeing more zone and one-on-one coverage. WRs are getting open now. In fact, about once a game you see entirely broken coverage altogether. I didnt think this was possible. So I'm extremely happy with those two aspects now.
Looking at my set, I'm still not thrilled with the number of sacks. I might lower the pass rush, or raise the pass protect. I'm hesitant to do either since it seems like the slightest tweek begats an entire rethinking of other things that are indirectly influenced.

Anyway, enjoy these. I don't know why they work, but they do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
Pro

BTW, be sure to set your "Player" sliders to match your CPU.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:09 PM   #7
Rookie

shadia147 or anyone else that has input,

Why do you suggest changing the controller to spectate during the kickoff and not before the game? Have you noticed a big difference in game play by doing that?

Also, I tried to use the sliders that I used last year originally and the first game I played after 3 1/2 quarters, the opposing team had turned the ball over 8 times between Stafford (4 ints, 2 fumbles) and Hillis 2 fumbles, a bit much for my liking.>>
Old 11-14-2011, 10:30 PM   #8
Pro

Yes, there is a huge difference in play.
Using my set, if you start the game in spectate, no RB will get past the line of scrimmage. You get like 0.2 YPC.
Someone said that it's a programming glitch. Apparently the CPU doesnt recognize the sliders.
Test this out for yourself.. Start a game in spectate (Franchise Mode), make note of how the game is playing. Then pause the game, set controller to one team, let a play begin, pause again, then reset controller back to neutral. It will astound you.
Thats what happened to me. I had given up hope. Then as an act of desperation, I tried it. And you can now count me as a happy Madden watcher".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »