Home

My idea to fix Pre-Season random players added to teams..

This is a discussion on My idea to fix Pre-Season random players added to teams.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2011, 06:06 PM   #9
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: My idea to fix Pre-Season random players added to teams..

I do a 1-team franchise and tried doing the positional switch-to-punter method, but I got bored after about 10 teams and turned the game off. I just don't have much free time for video games, and when I do, I'd rather not spend a couple hours fixing flaws in the game just to make it semi-realistic.

If you have the time, it's by far the best method though.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:07 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

I usually just check to see if any massively good rookies or high draft picks get cut at the end of preseason, if they do, I just sign them and trade them back to their team for some crap UDFA, since they now know there ratings are much better than some other guy on their roster they usually keep them.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #11
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Yeah I also feel the switch to Punters method is best.

It really doesn't take that long... You only need to edit ones seen as having a high OVR. If they're "?" OVR is already low the CPU will know to cut them anyways. So you dont have to mess with every single UDFA that gets generated. Just the ones that might be kept instead of better players.

Also, I only change 4 the first week, let CPU cuts happen, then 4 more, let CPU cuts happen... etc etc.

With this method, it doesnt take long, and by week 3 of preseason the CPU "see's" their true OVR better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just cut the ones on my team. They poof into nonexistance when you do.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #13
Pro

HadlerT's Arena

OVR: 25

What I do, is at the start of season 1, me and my brother use 32-team control, and cut ALL the UDFA's ourself. Then we pick our two teaams and just put ALL stteings at CPU except our two teams we want to be. Then, after year one, we switch to JUST our two teams and from then on, we let UDFA's make teams, etc. and some UDFA's actually make the team, unfortunately. And sometimes we have a UDFA make OUR team.
One year we found a 60-ish rated QB with A potential, and 90 speed, and made a good backup for my Aaron Rodgers and my brother's team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »