Home

Fair Catch does not work

This is a discussion on Fair Catch does not work within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Fair Catch does not work

On Madden 12, Xbox 360 (search has shown same question on much older versions, but not 12)

Y button does not work for Fair catch on a punt return. Old answers were that player was not selected, but that does not work either. I select him before the kick is made (Ted Ginn, Niners) using the x button and RS I think it is), but then when kicked, he is no longer selected. I also don't know how to change it to him. the A button used to do it, but doesn't seem to anymore.

So I end up with him getting hammered sometimes, and fumbling.

I'd appreciate any advice on how can I fix this.

On a side note, its amazing to me, that after all these years, of all these versions of Madden, that punt returns and kick returns are still a joke. Neither cpu controlled nor human controlled make it past the 20 or 30 yard line. The logic has seemed flawed to me forever. Maybe its just me, but it something sure doesn't seem right. My editorial comment for the day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Fair Catch does not work

I have not seen any problem with the fair catch not working. Just make sure you call for a fair catch early enough, sometimes you can wait to long. But you can return kickoffs, I get about 3 or 4 returns a year for a TD. The punt returns are bad, but I am getting better.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I have not seen any problem with the fair catch not working. Just make sure you call for a fair catch early enough, sometimes you can wait to long. But you can return kickoffs, I get about 3 or 4 returns a year for a TD. The punt returns are bad, but I am getting better.
Is your guy 'highlighted', selected when you signal for the FC? Mine isn't as I said, and wondering about that. Why he gets 'unselected' after the kick is made.

Thanks for the reply.

I will try earlier, but you sort of need a look at whats happening before you decide.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8
Once the ball is kicked and the camera flips around push B it'll switch you to the returner and then press Y to call for the FC.

And the returns are pretty realistic I'll usually get tackled right away, sometimes I'll gain 10-15 yards, and rarely I'll score or get a really long return. Just like on Sunday.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapargentina
Once the ball is kicked and the camera flips around push B it'll switch you to the returner and then press Y to call for the FC.

And the returns are pretty realistic I'll usually get tackled right away, sometimes I'll gain 10-15 yards, and rarely I'll score or get a really long return. Just like on Sunday.
yea if you wait to long to push it, it wont work, does it to me all the time
but im able to get 10-15 yards which is a good return for a good kr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

sometimes the animation doesn't go off but the fair catch is fully functional
Old 11-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapargentina
Ditto... Don't select the return man before the snap. Use someone else to either rush the kick OR block for your return man. Once the ball leaves the punters foot switch to the punt return man and press the Fair Catch (triangle/Y) button.

That said, this is the first time I've read about the Fair Catch not working... As an avid fan of the Fair Catch button - it's always worked for me on both systems.

Later
Old 11-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhitsrandy
sometimes the animation doesn't go off but the fair catch is fully functional
Yeah this is pretty tricky, because it has happened to me that the CPU called for a fair catch but it didn't show the animation... I've collected three FC Interference flags for that since he didn't do the animation, of course I tried tackling him as the ball got there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »