Home

what do I have to do to get my WR's to JUMP for a ball?!

This is a discussion on what do I have to do to get my WR's to JUMP for a ball?! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2011, 09:59 PM   #9
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: what do I have to do to get my WR's to JUMP for a ball?!

this is downright RIDICULOUS! I just got done with a game in where I had 4 picks. 3 of which cause my WR didnt jump. One of the times I held down triangle to jump and nothing happens! I dont have time every play, nor do I want to do it, to manually control the WR. I have roddy white and julio jones, with a 96 and 99 JMP respectively and neither one will leave their feet!! why in the world did they not program WR's to jump when the situation calls for it?!!!!!!! Its always something with this game!
Old 11-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
I dont have time every play, nor do I want to do it, to manually control the WR.
You sir, will forever be doomed to a life of anger and resentment when the CPU doesn't do what you think it should - when it takes just as much time to do it yourself.

Please don't complaining about the CPU not having abilities when you refuse to utilize your own. It's as easy as playing the game instead of watching the game.

No offense, but it irks me to no end when people who have tons of control complain about what happens when they don't use it. If for nothing else but to maintain a healthy blood pressure - USE THE USER CONTROLS.

It's what they are there for.

Later
Old 11-23-2011, 04:20 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't know if it's a real effect or just placebo but I never user catch and if I want the receiver to go up for the ball I flick up the right stick and that seems to get my receiver to be aggressive for the ball in the air.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #12
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
You sir, will forever be doomed to a life of anger and resentment when the CPU doesn't do what you think it should - when it takes just as much time to do it yourself.

Please don't complaining about the CPU not having abilities when you refuse to utilize your own. It's as easy as playing the game instead of watching the game.

No offense, but it irks me to no end when people who have tons of control complain about what happens when they don't use it. If for nothing else but to maintain a healthy blood pressure - USE THE USER CONTROLS.

Later
Did you even catch that even when I do user catch and hold down triangle they arent jumping? USER CONTROLS DONT WORK ALL THE TIME
Old 11-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
Did you even catch that even when I do user catch and hold down triangle they arent jumping? USER CONTROLS DONT WORK ALL THE TIME
If they don't jump, you may need to look at your user catching technique. It's more than just pressing buttons. Try to make your play for the ball in front of the catch point by a yard or two and turn toward the LOS.

Mastery of user control works all the time.

Later
Old 11-24-2011, 06:38 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713

Later

Yea guys! Quit complaining about the broken parts of the game! It's on you to fix it! You should know this by now. Jeese. Why would someone be upset that their game doesn't play as well as it did in 2001 or 2004 on the last gen consoles anyway. Not like games are $60 or $70 now.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:36 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaysWithSwagger
Yea guys! Quit complaining about the broken parts of the game! It's on you to fix it! You should know this by now. Jeese. Why would someone be upset that their game doesn't play as well as it did in 2001 or 2004 on the last gen consoles anyway. Not like games are $60 or $70 now.
it does work if you doit right........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaysWithSwagger
Madden is interactive media. INTERACT. My version of Madden 12 is identical in every way to every other version of Madden 12.

If my version allows me to interact to get the results I need when I interact, I refuse to discuss what happens when the user does not interact. Watching the game is not the same as playing it. FAr too many people watch some or all of Madden without interacting...

If you don't choose your own plays - you aren't interacting.
If you don't adjust your own plays - you aren't interacting.
If you don't user catch/defend on plays - you aren't interacting.

There are dozens of ways to NOT PLAY the game... None of them gives the watcher merit to complain.

In the video game world Mario doesn't jump without interaction, Solid Snake doesn't sneak without interaction, Link doesn't stab without interaction, etc... In baseball games, the batter doesn't swing without interaction. Basketball players don't shoot without interaction. Nor will a soccer player kick without interaction.

But in Madden it's kool to watch the CPU run, catch, and tackle without interaction. When the user refuses to take control as allowed, he's not really mad about the CPU failure. He's really mad at his own failure to make the play.

Think of it this way... If I'm coaching a player that knows where to go and what to do in a given situation - but refuses to interact and make the play - he's CUT. That player is useless chaff unfit to be on the field.

Same in Madden... Make the play or SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I always make the play and my $60 copy of Madden works fine.

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »