Home

Let's Talk About Football Commentary

This is a discussion on Let's Talk About Football Commentary within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #241
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Let's Talk About Football Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
The way I look at it is that, it doesn't necessarily have to be shoved down our throat to make the point or be effective. It gets brought up prior to the game and it plays out how it plays out. If he gets injured maybe it gets mentioned that this is the guy that they talked about before the game and that's the end of it. If they mention a running back having a big game last week and he's got 100 yards at half then mention something to go along with that. If he's getting shut down mention how "the defense is stiffling this run game that was so effective last week". It doesn't have to be "We talked about this guy before the game..." after every carry he gets.

The pre-game storyline doesn't really have to play a role at all once the game starts if there is commentary to support whatever the storyline of the game has become. It would give games a more fresh feel in franchise rather than constantly hearing about "bitter rivals" or how "one team won the first meeting and the other is out for revenge" every time you play a division foe. It should sound like they're broadcasting the game rather than just another game.
Yeah I got you, I think we're talking about the same thing then Deuce.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »