Home

I honestly was just cheated out of 2 consecutive wins by the CPU.

This is a discussion on I honestly was just cheated out of 2 consecutive wins by the CPU. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I honestly was just cheated out of 2 consecutive wins by the CPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBrady
If you had the lead with so little time left, why didnt you protect the ball/fair catch the kickoffs? Doesnt sound like the CPU cheated you one bit.
Yeah, seriously. If I have a decent lead in the 4th quarter, I play ball control (lots of runs and high percentage dink-and-dunk passing) and milk the clock. It might not be the most exciting thing in the world, but real teams do it for a reason--it wins football games.

It might seem ridiculous to fumble two kickoffs in a row, but if that's the only way the other team can win, you can bet they will do their best to strip it. That's what the "protect the ball" button is there for.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:14 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

Sounds like typical All Madden, come-back-from behind attribute boosts to win the game. That's why I hate playing on All Madden. It just cheats.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:26 PM   #11
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Ok guys thing is without turning this into a comeback AI thread (and DONT), this game needs a fumble slider. Not a carry rating etc, I just want less fumbles. In my eyes, there are just too many
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2011, 01:01 PM   #12
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
If you had the lead with so little time left, why didnt you protect the ball/fair catch the kickoffs? Doesnt sound like the CPU cheated you one bit.
I second the covering the ball. You should ALWAYS make a habit of doing this. I do it every time I am tackled because you never know. Think of it like this, are you willing to risk turning the ball over just so you can get 5 more yards because the cover ball slows you down? I wouldn't and I learned that when I started playing on All-Madden.

As far as losing the lead the second time, you should of learned the first time. Run out of bounds if you got a gut feeling something fishy is going to happen. You got a 17 point lead, get the running back that has the highest carry rating and give him the ball 3 straight downs and punt the ball. Either the clocks goes to the 2 minute warning or they use all they're timeouts.

And as far as dumb stuff happening like the first time you lost. Stuff happens, just gotta overcome it and play smart. Once the CPU gets you to the either of these state of minds "I'm mad and I'm going to just pass the ball every play and be reckless", or "I'm going to just lay down and just let the game carry itself out", that's when it gets bad. It's just like the real NFL, you should never take a play off, because you could be losing the game in 2 minutes if you do.

Last edited by Evan_OS; 11-26-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:29 PM   #13
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, is there a "fair catch" on kickoffs is the real NFL? I know it's in Madden but I don't recall ever seeing it done in real life. I wonder if it's actually in the NFL rule book but rarely used.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:37 PM   #14
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Just out of curiosity, is there a "fair catch" on kickoffs is the real NFL? I know it's in Madden but I don't recall ever seeing it done in real life. I wonder if it's actually in the NFL rule book but rarely used.
Yeah I've seen a couple when the kicker pops the ball high up around the 40 yard line and and they'll call fair catch. I can only confirm that though because I heard an argument somewhere that you should be able to fair catch an onside kick.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Basically this. After the first one I would've definitely played it safe on the 2nd kickoff.

Not trying to discredit the OP, because I know all too well how frustrating playing on All-Madden can be at times, but I also know how easy it is to over-exaggerate things right after a loss without thinking about what could have been done differently on the user side.

Unfortunate that you took those rough losses though. Hopefully your next game you can win with a blowout, I always find that quickly lifts my spirits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2011, 09:25 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Its funny iv been playing with jarrods all madden black set sliders for 3 seasons in my bears franchise and I don't think iv ever allowed a comeback bigger than 7 points. I have also never seen the all madden comeback "cheating".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »