Home

Is EA going to release another patch for Madden 12?

This is a discussion on Is EA going to release another patch for Madden 12? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Is EA going to release another patch for Madden 12?

There was a patch back in October for Madden 12, however it did not address all the problems in this unfinished game: Audio pop, imported mutants in franchise mode(one of the most annoying seriously who tested franchise mode before they released it!?), i dont know if they can fix the commentary problems (Gus Johnson and Collinsworth are terrible but little things like calling Roddy White one of the best quarterbacks in the league is unacceptable for a 60 dollar game especially in this generation of gaming the expecations are higher the product should be better not worse than older generations), super sim and the clock (one play should not take 1:30 off the clock), option plays (dont know if this is possible to do in a patch), the weather in franchise (now that they've fixxed the rain, they need to make it where at least some games up north have snow i have yet to see any), the diving in this game needs to be fixed i dont want to do the anti-gravity show boat dive i just want to dive for the pylon there's been many times where my players try to do that celebration dive instead of actuallly trying to score and getting caught mid animation. These are a few i can think of does anyone else have suggestions and do you think they'll actually come out with another patch because they havent made any indication that they will.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Is EA going to release another patch for Madden 12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchamane
There was a patch back in October for Madden 12, however it did not address all the problems in this unfinished game: Audio pop, imported mutants in franchise mode(one of the most annoying seriously who tested franchise mode before they released it!?), i dont know if they can fix the commentary problems (Gus Johnson and Collinsworth are terrible but little things like calling Roddy White one of the best quarterbacks in the league is unacceptable for a 60 dollar game especially in this generation of gaming the expecations are higher the product should be better not worse than older generations), super sim and the clock (one play should not take 1:30 off the clock), option plays (dont know if this is possible to do in a patch), the weather in franchise (now that they've fixxed the rain, they need to make it where at least some games up north have snow i have yet to see any), the diving in this game needs to be fixed i dont want to do the anti-gravity show boat dive i just want to dive for the pylon there's been many times where my players try to do that celebration dive instead of actuallly trying to score and getting caught mid animation. These are a few i can think of does anyone else have suggestions and do you think they'll actually come out with another patch because they havent made any indication that they will.
you made a couple good points, but just to ask when did you see one play take 1:30 off the clock? the play clocks only 40 sec dont see how that would happen.
iv been able to dive with no problem when the defenders at the goal line at an angle
Old 11-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchamane
They've been quiet since the new mgt took over.

They came out with a patch in the middle of December last year and there was no word on that either, it was a surprise.

So, who knows?
Old 11-25-2011, 07:25 PM   #4
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

well the second patch took them 2 months to release so id say probly around maybe end of december january if they even do release another one there's still alot they haven't fixed like the special teams and not even being able break a kick or punt for td. the players just standing there or not even reacting to a player running by then or near them also not sure if it happens on xbox 360 but on PS3 there's times when u go to throw football hit the button of the player u wanna throw to and there's no response which results in a sack and thats been around for awhile as well.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegout
you made a couple good points, but just to ask when did you see one play take 1:30 off the clock? the play clocks only 40 sec dont see how that would happen.
iv been able to dive with no problem when the defenders at the goal line at an angle
when you "super-sim" in the game the plays that it sims take off like 30-60 seconds per each play so if youre playing on 8 minutes the game goes by real fast and stats are skewed if i supersimmed an entire game i might get 10 carries 20 pass attempts total for my players, if you want to just play the fourth quarter and skip the majority of the game the stats within that game are unrealistic unlike in the past games where you could supersim to like the 4th quarter and by the end of the game the numbers would all look as though you had played an entire game, in madden 12 this is not possible, ive supersimmed a kickoff before and it took like 1:30 off the game clock, thats stupid no play takes that long thats what needs to be fixed thats what im try to say in the original post
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

o ok got ya. yea if that the case then it should get fixed. no reason that should be happening
Old 11-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #7
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

Unfinished? LOL

Uh... don't supersim 8 minute quarter games. Problem solved.

There is a whole slew of run option plays under the wildcat formations.

I play the Niners, and see snow constantly when going to the east coast in Dec., Jan.. Just because YOU don't see it, doesn't mean the game is broken.

Also, celebration dives don't trigger if there is someone close enough to catch you, so I doubt this is actually happening consistently.

The commentary is screwy sometimes, but this isn't baseball or basketball where there are 15 or 10 people to a team. There are 53 players per team plus free agency that have to be synced properly. Sorry YOUR guy got screwed up, but mistakes are going to be in there. No one is perfect.

Oh wait, except NFL2k lol.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:52 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 50

I really hope they do make another patch! There's a glitch in Franchise mode where if you edit any of your player's ratings at all, then you no longer have "Defensive Assignments" in your menu during a game when you go under Coaching Options, it's a HUGE issue.

Does anyone know how to fix that issue?
Please Unban me!!!!!!! I promise I won't troll anymore!!!!!!
Football Highlights
Football Pictures

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »