Home

Is play Recognition a over-hyped attribute?

This is a discussion on Is play Recognition a over-hyped attribute? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2011, 04:35 PM   #17
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Is play Recognition a over-hyped attribute?

I tested to see what PRC actually does in NCAA, assuming it carries over it influences how the defenders react to plays, and at least for corners largely influences how well they jump the route, a corner with high PRC will get more picks.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #18
Rookie

DaMenace18's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Slider2
I tested to see what PRC actually does in NCAA, assuming it carries over it influences how the defenders react to plays, and at least for corners largely influences how well they jump the route, a corner with high PRC will get more picks.
You bring up a great point because i found this to be mostly true, after i played 8 online games in a row yesterday night.

I saw this especially to be true with safeties. I played with Ravens a few times and Ed Reed without having to control him, jumped many corner routes. Like wise the only time I threw a pick yesterday was when facing Troy Palumalu. Though i'm pretty sure "jumping a route" has more to do with AWR than PRC.

PRC/AWR through jumping routes especially applies towards zone coverage. What will happen is the corner/lb/saftey will leave their zone and jump a route that was slightly away from them.

When playing man I see player with low AWR/PRC like Pat Peterson, Jimmy Smith, Sam Shields jumping slant routes most of the time.

Anyways I definitely agree with the notion that AWR and PRC are interconnected.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 3

Dont all Madden players have psychic ability due to the AI? i dont believe setting them to 0 would even change this.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:16 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 9

no, but according to you the use of an is.

Is play Recognition a over-hyped attribute? = Is play Recognition an over-hyped attribute?
Old 11-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #21
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Dont all Madden players have psychic ability due to the AI? i dont believe setting them to 0 would even change this.
In Madden 11 yes, in Madden 12 no.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 07:02 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
In Madden 11 yes, in Madden 12 no.
You sure about that? I remember watching dozens of youtube videos showing psychic defensive players, mirroring routes flawlessly.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
You sure about that? I remember watching dozens of youtube videos showing psychic defensive players, mirroring routes flawlessly.

I haven't seen the videos, but I know I see separation in man coverage, even when I use my All-Madden level sliders.

It depends on the RTE of the receiver and the MCV of the defender, imo. My 95 MCV shutdown corner almost never let's anyone open, and you won't see me throw at Revis unless he's in zone, but for most, I can't say I've seen "psychic" defenders.

They might win on any given play, but that's football. Even an average NFL corner is capable of good coverage.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:13 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Why do we persist in coming with terms to minimize the football when we play Madden?

Psychic DB's = Covered receiver. If the DB runs the route before the receiver does, the receiver isn't open. PERIOD.

No need for silly terms like psychic DB... Especially when the same guys turn around and point out how poor the coverage is in the very next thread. DB's can't be psychic enough to defend at the same time they are inept enough to leave guys open... Yet we make up bogus terms to skew the football EVERYWHERE.

In the NFL, and every other level... The DB's guess at taking something away based on film study, tendencies, game situations, match ups, field position, formation, and a host of other factors. When they guess right, it looks like they are running the route before the receiver.

That said, even a clock that doesn't work is right twice a day. Dud DBs will guess right a few times. If you throw it when they do, it's going to get picked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I haven't seen the videos, but I know I see separation in man coverage, even when I use my All-Madden level sliders.

It depends on the RTE of the receiver and the MCV of the defender, imo. My 95 MCV shutdown corner almost never let's anyone open, and you won't see me throw at Revis unless he's in zone, but for most, I can't say I've seen "psychic" defenders.

They might win on any given play, but that's football. Even an average NFL corner is capable of good coverage.
Yeah! What he said...

By the way, if the offense runs the same play over and over, the defense will catch on. I've run basic man coverage against guys that run slants for days... After about 4 looks, DBs get better jumps (PRC).

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »