Home

Where Are The Madden NFL 12 Tuner Sets and Online Franchise Roster Updates?

This is a discussion on Where Are The Madden NFL 12 Tuner Sets and Online Franchise Roster Updates? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #73
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Where Are The Madden NFL 12 Tuner Sets and Online Franchise Roster Updates?

@Phobia, that is no doubt a very "telling" video of Madden's pass coverage issues but it's somewhat understandable do to the current playing view. My agenda is not to defend EA but to advocate for a more field level, realistically limited gameplay view as well. If the player actions in Madden were more realistic, with the current gameplay view, we would most likely be back to the days of routine 56-63 scoreboards.

I am all for Madden having optimal realistic player movement but unless the gameplay view follows suit, the results will still probably be arcadey.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:50 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 6

[quote=huskerwr38;2043146057]
Also, the trajectory of the ball needs to be fixed. Right now, it's too low because we all know that LB can literally jump up and knock a pass down intended for a guy 20 yards down the field. [quote]

i used to think that too but if you pratice throwing a little, throwing over lbs cb and safties become no problem now whats said i do think the normal bullet pass should be works on a little bit but not a complete over haul
Old 12-06-2011, 06:17 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
@Phobia, that is no doubt a very "telling" video of Madden's pass coverage issues but it's somewhat understandable do to the current playing view. My agenda is not to defend EA but to advocate for a more field level, realistically limited gameplay view as well. If the player actions in Madden were more realistic, with the current gameplay view, we would most likely be back to the days of routine 56-63 scoreboards.

I am all for Madden having optimal realistic player movement but unless the gameplay view follows suit, the results will still probably be arcadey.
True! But that just goes to show how far gone the current set of engines they use are. They truly need to rebuild the entire game from the ground up. A complete re-write is the only way, in my opinion at least.
  • Running & Cutting = Flawed and no sense of weight
  • O-line & D-line interactions = Been horrible far as long as any of us can remember
  • WR & DB interactions = Yea this is laughable bad
  • Player awareness = Eyes in back head, physic jumping of routes, on and on
  • Man Coverage = warping to cover WRs, jumping routes moment button is pressed,
  • Zone Coverage = One of the somewhat decent areas yet still suffers same issues as MC
  • CPU QB AI = Horrible, lacks any real sense of a human opponent
  • CPU Play calling = Calling a iso run play on 3rd and 20.......brain dead

I could go on, but there is really no point we all know the issues. Bottom line is they need to fix this. Stopping giving us excuses why this don't work, why they can't achieve this or that, FIX IT. You are a multi-BILLION dollar company. Fix your most beloved game. The same issues that plagued the 06 launch version should NOT be in this current madden. Hell the same legacy issues that affected MADDEN 2001 should of never in the world made it to the 2012 version END OF STORY!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #76
Banned

OVR: 10

Madden11 sold 5.3 million copies on all consoles last year, it's over 3 million as of october. So the way it's heading if there is no big jump after the Christmas season, then sales will probably not reach last years numbers. So madden will again decline in sales even with there 17% jump in august. So what does that mean, the quality of the product is still not phasing consumers. Madden is still a arcade style video game, and I think the majority of gamers want a sim style game with customization to there liking. EA has NFL BLITZ now, so there is no more excuses for not having MADDEN a sim style game from hence-forth.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:12 AM   #77
MVP

OVR: 22

Alright. Listen here. With the current engine that madden is running, like someone already stated in this thread, you're not going to see a dramatic improvement.

I hate to compare companies, cause i don't want to cause a stir. Take a look at NBA 2k8 / 2k9 / 2k10. Compare those to 2k11 / 2k12. Pretty much nothing is the same when you compare the games. It feels different, no old animations, and the presentation is great.

Now, take a look at Madden 09/ Madden 10 / Madden 08. Compare that with Madden 12. There should be absolutely NO REASON why these old tackle animations / old spin animations / old catch animations should be in the game. Madden 12 presentation is good, but it should be better. It's a shame really, madden has potential, but it isn't going to be as good as people want. Face the facts, if they don't scrap the engine, it's going to continue to be the same..with a few new features here and there, along with a few new tackle animations.

Go back and play an old madden game, i bet you anything that you can find some animations that you see in Madden 12.

Again, I'm not trying to start a 2k / Madden war as i find those annoying and childish, just stating the facts here. I for one thought Madden 12 was pretty decent, but i returned it about two months ago because of the UDFA problem, and it was a turn off for Dynasty.

You guys want developers to listen to what's wrong with the game. Quite frankly, they're listening, but they're not going to try with 100% effort to fix the problems in this game. Why is that? Money.

Just my two cents.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #78
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

This seems to have turned into a hate Madden thread.

On the issue of tuner sets, I think that smart gamers should expect none in M13, regardless of what the developers tell us.

For Madden, it is realistic to expect an opening-day patch, a second patch in October some time, and semi-regular roster updates. You have to block out the PR and let the track record set your expectations.

I'm a critic, but I think this game is far from atrocious. It's pretty darn good, especially when you get the right sliders, schemes, priorities, and player types set up right. The game plays dynamically and is aesthetically pretty good.

I don't even want much tuned this year. I only want less rush from the DTs--that's it. But I've already fixed that myself.

The most important thing is to be realistic in our expectations--we know by now what we will and won't get, and we should be skeptical as a group until we're proven wrong.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #79
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Hopefully one of these days they can find a way to synch the Online Franchise Rosters with the weekly updates.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #80
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
This seems to have turned into a hate Madden thread.

On the issue of tuner sets, I think that smart gamers should expect none in M13, regardless of what the developers tell us.

For Madden, it is realistic to expect an opening-day patch, a second patch in October some time, and semi-regular roster updates. You have to block out the PR and let the track record set your expectations.

I'm a critic, but I think this game is far from atrocious. It's pretty darn good, especially when you get the right sliders, schemes, priorities, and player types set up right. The game plays dynamically and is aesthetically pretty good.

I don't even want much tuned this year. I only want less rush from the DTs--that's it. But I've already fixed that myself.

The most important thing is to be realistic in our expectations--we know by now what we will and won't get, and we should be skeptical as a group until we're proven wrong.
Great post! Do you play on All-Madden? If so, what slider tweaks would you suggest?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »