Home

Ok so I'm In Week 4 Of Preseason In My 32 Team Franchise...

This is a discussion on Ok so I'm In Week 4 Of Preseason In My 32 Team Franchise... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Ok so I'm In Week 4 Of Preseason In My 32 Team Franchise...

I'm doing a 32 team franchise so I can cut all the UDFAs. I'm now at week 4 of preseason and I noticed most teams don't have any UDFAs left on their roster. So who am I supposed to cut? I want the rosters to mimic the real life NFL rosters as much as possible. I'm really confused here. I thought all the extra players added during the preseason were UDFAs, but obviously that's not the case.

Any help would greatly be appreciated here. Did I do something wrong? Who do I cut?

Last edited by thedude; 11-29-2011 at 01:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
Rookie

Seeker7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ok so I'm In Week 4 Of Preseason In My 32 Team Franchise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude
I'm doing a 32 team franchise so I can cut all the UDFAs. I'm now at week 4 and I noticed most teams don't have any UDFAs left on their roster. So who am I supposed to cut? I want the rosters to mimic the real life NFL rosters as much as possible. I'm really confused here. I thought all the extra players added during the preseason were UDFAs, but obviously that's not the case.

Any help would greatly be appreciated here. Did I do something wrong? Who do I cut?
All the drama and whining about UDFA is just that, whining and drama. The CPU does a good job of cutting all the riff raff. Usually there are about 3 or 4 rookies that get cut that shouldn't, Kevin Sheppard, Steven Paea, and a couple others. The whole thing is overblown. Just go and resign those players to their proper team if its that important to you. After season 1, you don't need to bother really.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

You have to cut players, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."
Old 11-28-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I do the cutting before pre-season even begins. I go in to each team's player management and release anyone with a 310K salary and no bonus. Served me well in season 1 and now headed through the off-season in to season 2. not sure if i'll do the same for season 2 or if the CPU will actually make reasonable cuts. usually the biggest problems are with season 1, when A potential players get cut in favor of D and F made-up UDFA. not a huge deal, but I decided to take some more control.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:04 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker7
All the drama and whining about UDFA is just that, whining and drama. The CPU does a good job of cutting all the riff raff. Usually there are about 3 or 4 rookies that get cut that shouldn't, Kevin Sheppard, Steven Paea, and a couple others. The whole thing is overblown. Just go and resign those players to their proper team if its that important to you. After season 1, you don't need to bother really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantism
You have to cut players, of course.
Yeah but I started my franchise with the latest online rosters, wich I'm assuming were 53 man rosters. So who are all the extra players on each team if they're not UDFAs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2011, 12:43 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
Players that are on the real life practice squads (which Madden doesn't support to my knowledge) and players that have been placed on IR in real life that Madden just lowers on the death chart. You have to either cut players they've signed to fill those holes or the player that's on IR/practice squad. Hope that helps...
Old 11-29-2011, 12:59 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude
Yeah but I started my franchise with the latest online rosters, wich I'm assuming were 53 man rosters. So who are all the extra players on each team if they're not UDFAs?
Apologies...I read that totally wrong. I thought that you said that you were in YEAR four of franchise. The poster above made a good point about IR guys. Did you start with pre-existing injuries on or off?

I noticed that when I first started my Falcons franchise I had to cut I think 2 guys outside of the UDFAs (which I also cut from every team at the start). This is because, as the above post said, the Madden guys don't always IR all of the players that real life teams do. Because of this, the team rosters go over 53.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."

Last edited by tarantism; 11-29-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:11 AM   #8
Pro

Ahh I see.....that makes sense now, and yeah I started with pre-existing injuries turned on. That sucks that I have to cut real life players that are supposed to be on the team though. Anyways, thanks for the help, fellas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »