Home

Next Gen 360, would you if Madden

This is a discussion on Next Gen 360, would you if Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Next Gen 360, would you if Madden

I can remember the day Madden hit the 360 it looked great...If Madden is a Launch title for the Next Gen, Would that help you Buy it on day ONE??? it would me hands down,
If any football game is a launch title i would have to say they got my money, I can't wait after reading that the Next 360 can be 2012 or 2013, Love to read what would be Launch titles,
So guys what title would make to spend the money for Next Gen????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Next Gen 360, would you if Madden

Couple things Mac,

If a console doesn't have Madden on it (launch or otherwise) I won't buy it. There is only one game on earth that makes me want to plop $200+ for a console system. That game is Madden. Every gaming system I've purchased was specifically to play Madden, with other games being a bonus.

That said, I also remember when Madden '06 launched with the 360... WORST FOOTBALL GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED. I only played 2 games. It didn't look like Madden nor did it feel like Madden. Needless to say, I didn't buy a 360 that year.

If Madden were released as a launch title on the XBox 720 (?) I'd try Madden before buying it or a new system. If it ends up being as vanilla and stripped down as the 360 version of Madden '06 - no way I'm shelling out a dime for either.

Of course if it's good I'll buy the game, system, several controllers, and even a new TV if it's warranted.

Later
Old 11-29-2011, 03:24 PM   #3
TheSaints7

OVR:

The graphics are already good so when the new consoles come out there wont be to much difference in graphics.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:26 PM   #4
Banned

Well TNT'!!! me and you look at it the same way, I only buy consoles to play football also, other than in 1995 i bought my first PC with window 95 on it to play Nascar game, lol....But yes football is why i do....
Old 11-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

You'd be surprised about what kind of graphics a next gen console could bring to this series. But do not get the first release just because of the improved graphics. There are features in the last generation game that are still not in this current generation. Hopefully the biggest improvements will come in loading screens and artificial intelligence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Hell no......Usually the 1st year a sports game is on a new system it is terrible. Sure the graphics always look better, but the game play suffers.

I mean look how many years it took Madden and NCAA to get semi back to the level of goodness it was on the PS2/Xbox days.

I mean it took NCAA team 6 years to finally get scrambling QBs back into the NCAA series.

Took the Madden team 6 years to finally get zone coverage working in Madden this generation.

Even then, OL/DL, WR/DB interaction still is terrible in both games. Spread and option offense is still bad in the NCAA series. When will gamers stop being fascinated by shiny graphics ?

When I buy a new console, it is never for sports games. What makes me buy a new console is usually a good action game or RPG or FPS.

Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed and COD 4 made me want to buy a 360. Definitely wasn't for sports games.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #7
Banned

Yea THESAINT'!!! am scared you going to be right, they may not be much difference in graphics, from 360 to 720 ??.., I will say am a video game football fan, don't have to be Madden...for the time being i guess i have to be, But would love to see NCAA launch title
Old 11-29-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
MVP

mpbaseball22's Arena

OVR: 14

Play skyrim on a computer, then play on a console and you can see what how much better the graphics are. The consoles are simply getting outdated. It might not be the realeast looking game ever, but you will be able to do more, less lag, and a more smooth game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »