Home

QB Screen In Madden

This is a discussion on QB Screen In Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
QB Screen In Madden

How can you run a QB screen in madden 12?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: QB Screen In Madden

Are you talking about the "trick" play where a QB will catch a pass from a WR/RB?

If not...I think you may be mistaken on proper play terminology. Are you talking about a WR or TE screen? What about a HB or FB Screen?
Old 11-30-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
Banned

By QB screen i mean like HB Screen but with the quarter back.

You no how in an HB screen the offenseive line all goes to the way of the HB, well can you do that but with a quarter back as in rush the ball with the quarterback. THis would work good with M.Vick C.Newton or Tebow.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
Rookie

I think your looking for a quarterback draw? Im not sure what formations/books have them.

That or PA bootlegs or maybe Wildcats would be the best way to get your QB mobile.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:14 AM   #5
Pro

He's just talking about designed running plays for QBs. I remember the Falcons playbook used to have those back when they had Mike Vick. I'm not sure which teams have plays like that now. Check teams with mobile QBs, I guess. And, by the way, those plays really didn't work very well on Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2011, 03:21 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 8

Sounds like he wants to run a HB screen without throwing the ball... In which I'd respond, just rolls to the side of the screen and take off. Just run it like a Wildcat Sweep and get behind your blockers.

My best friend used this tactic against me twice successfully in the first game we played this year. Typically he rolls out with Vick so he can run or throw deep, but I took his deep throw away and he ran with the HB and OL blocking in front. First time he picked up about 15 yards. 2nd time about 10.

I thought it was cute (aka. "you can't beat me this way") so I commenced to unleash HELL at the corners to break up his play.

@OP... Against a fool this will work well enough to frustrate them and win you the game. But don't expect it to be the magic to help you defeat a knowledgeable player.

Later
Old 12-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Sounds like he wants to run a HB screen without throwing the ball... In which I'd respond, just rolls to the side of the screen and take off. Just run it like a Wildcat Sweep and get behind your blockers.
This. Just call a screen and scramble, it works, I've done it several times with Tebow.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
This. Just call a screen and scramble, it works, I've done it several times with Tebow.
Works depending on who you play. I have a buddy that tried doing it a few times with Mike Vick. First two were successful for about 45 yards (20+ each) and run back to back.

The next two were spaced a few plays apart and each dropped for losses of 7 or more. He stopped running it after that.

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »