Home

how to sign the awesome undrafted free agents?

This is a discussion on how to sign the awesome undrafted free agents? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
how to sign the awesome undrafted free agents?

Does anyone know, in the offseason in offline franchise mode, how to view the undrafted free agents to sign them? After I sign my draft rookies, I go to
Free Agent" in "team managment" and there are a few undrafted ones, but then when I sim past "signing rookies" to "update depth chart" when Im done, Ive noticed all the really awesome undrafted free agents were signed by other teams. How do I view them, does anyone know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: how to sign the awesome undrafted free agents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madden1976
Does anyone know, in the offseason in offline franchise mode, how to view the undrafted free agents to sign them? After I sign my draft rookies, I go to
Free Agent" in "team managment" and there are a few undrafted ones, but then when I sim past "signing rookies" to "update depth chart" when Im done, Ive noticed all the really awesome undrafted free agents were signed by other teams. How do I view them, does anyone know?
Maybe those are the rookie draft picks for other teams and they just show up that way until you simulate the signings?
Old 12-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
Maybe those are the rookie draft picks for other teams and they just show up that way until you simulate the signings?
no because i only can see at one time like 5 undrafted players in the free agent pool, right after i sign my draft picks. then when i simulate through update depth chart, it is showing all of these teams signing undrafted rookies and good ones too, but where are they signing them from and why cant i get a chance to sign them too? They are not in the free agent pool.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #4
Rookie

could they be madden generated players like they do in the first season?
Old 12-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #5
Banned

jd369's Arena

Quote:
no because i only can see at one time like 5 undrafted players in the free agent pool, right after i sign my draft picks. then when i simulate through update depth chart, it is showing all of these teams signing undrafted rookies and good ones too, but where are they signing them from and why cant i get a chance to sign them too? They are not in the free agent pool.
How do you know they are good? I am assuming by looking at their OVR? is it in white or yellow?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #6
Rookie

When you start the new season after the preseason, i often check out all the new rookies. I see a lot of good ones and I look when they got drafted and it says they came into the league as an undrafted free agent, but i never see their names listed in the free agent pool yet the other teams always pick them up. its quite upsetting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
How do you know they are good? I am assuming by looking at their OVR? is it in white or yellow?
Old 12-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #7
Banned

jd369's Arena

Quote:
When you start the new season after the preseason, i often check out all the new rookies. I see a lot of good ones and I look when they got drafted and it says they came into the league as an undrafted free agent, but i never see their names listed in the free agent pool yet the other teams always pick them up. its quite upsetting.
they are all random, the team isnt actually signing them. every team, including yours, has UDFA's "signed" to fill out the preseason roster. Their OVR ratings are in yellow, which means they arent actually that good thats just what they are projected to be. some end up being good and some end up being bad. its very common for UDFA's to come in with high 90's "potential" OVR ratings, you will see this on your team as well. I dont think you are missing out on anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »