Home

Did this ever happen to you

This is a discussion on Did this ever happen to you within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Did this ever happen to you

I drafted a WR in thee draft and he was supposed to be amazing. He came out of college a 75 with a b potential. The first game we play he catches a pass and a lb hit sticks him. All of a sudden he's on the floor. I go to injury report and see he's out for the season. Is there anyway he could just come back in the season? How can i prevent future injuries?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Did this ever happen to you

Sadly he's out for the entire season. Also, injuries are a part of football, you just have to hope they don't happen. Only way you can prevent them in Madden is to turn off the injury option.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Like the guy above me said, injuries is apart of the NFL or any sports. I've seen players get a injury on the first play before and be out for the rest of the season. It happens and it is real. If you don't like it, then the best option is turn it off.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

not trying to be a dick but thats why only certen wr go across the middle of the field make sure they have a high injury rating
Old 12-03-2011, 03:48 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Its not bad,

Compared to me, my 1st round draft pick my WR sustained Career Ending Injury. Traded for another WR and moved on. Its part of sport.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2011, 08:35 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden68959
I drafted a WR in thee draft and he was supposed to be amazing. He came out of college a 75 with a b potential. The first game we play he catches a pass and a lb hit sticks him. All of a sudden he's on the floor. I go to injury report and see he's out for the season. Is there anyway he could just come back in the season? How can i prevent future injuries?
I'd be more worried about his progression...hopefully the lack of production (since it's a production-based progression system) won't hinder his growth. Advantage is that he's young, so he probably will be fine.

You can hire a training staff in the offseason, that might help some. Some staffs specialize in certain positions (increases that position's INJ rating), though it's not a big bonus (should be bigger for some, imo, and some should impact multiple positions/whole team - and those cost more, etc). Other than that - do like real teams do, consider injury history. Da'Quan Bowers fell because of his injury history, despite most thinking he has a lot of upside.

I don't know if you can get the INJ rating before/without individual work outs, but if you like a kid, I would use one on him to get the INJ/TGH rating. That way, even if you take him, you have an idea and might have to "baby" him a bit until those ratings come up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »