Home

What teams give you the most problems?

This is a discussion on What teams give you the most problems? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What teams give you the most problems?

Im playing with the Redskins in year 2 of my franchise, week 6. In season 1 I went 7-9. I had the 14th overall pick in the draft, and I had been scouting a stud QB all year long I had my eyes on, but he was a top 5 pick. So I suck it up, and trade away OLB Brian Orakpo to the Titans for the first overall pick in the draft and also their 3rd round pick in the draft.

In year 1, my biggest problem was lack of scoring, and commiting too many turnovers. So now I'm in week 6 (just passed by bye week, so I've played 5 games) and I'm 1-4! How frustrating.

My first 3 games (Cardinals, Steelers, Browns) I've scored 21, 34, and 20 points respectively. Game 4 was vs. Eagles, week 5 was my BYE, and week 6 I played Eagles again.

In both games vs, Eagles, I couldn't run or pass the ball. I scored 7 points in game 1 vs Eagles and 14 in game 2.

So to my question, what teams give you the most problems? And what team do you usually use against this team?

With the Eagles, I've tried mixing up my game plan. Game 1 I was run heavy, game 2 I tried to get either of the two pass/run games working and I failed miserably.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What teams give you the most problems?

My firend you never trade away a stud defensive player for a unknown. I would have kept Rak and took a flyer on another Qb.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:04 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr44
My firend you never trade away a stud defensive player for a unknown. I would have kept Rak and took a flyer on another Qb.
My logic, was that my defense was pretty solid. In the offseason I added depth at safety with a free agent addition of Glover Quin Jr. (81 OVR) and I could use a couple of my draft picks (I had 13 overall) to draft a ROLB to see how it worked out. Long story short, it didn't. My rookie ROLB couldn't tackle. So I pulled some strings and landed Ahmad Brooks (78 ROLB from SF) and he's very solid.

My top picks in the draft was a QB, a WR, a ROLB, and OL.

But I still have a hard time scoring against certain teams. It's crazy.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Tim Tebow and the Broncos. I get slashed by Tebow and Moreno. D
Old 12-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

in my redskins franchise(and any other in the last two maddens)its always the bengle's d, i just cant get in rhythm when i play them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Tim Tebow and the Broncos. I get slashed by Tebow and Moreno. D
Definately, only played em once, one of the funnest games I have ever played against cpu.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #7
MVP

mpbaseball22's Arena

OVR: 14

Browns on all madden. Hillis is so hard to tackle
Old 12-03-2011, 11:32 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulChildres
My logic, was that my defense was pretty solid. In the offseason I added depth at safety with a free agent addition of Glover Quin Jr. (81 OVR) and I could use a couple of my draft picks (I had 13 overall) to draft a ROLB to see how it worked out. Long story short, it didn't. My rookie ROLB couldn't tackle. So I pulled some strings and landed Ahmad Brooks (78 ROLB from SF) and he's very solid.

My top picks in the draft was a QB, a WR, a ROLB, and OL.

But I still have a hard time scoring against certain teams. It's crazy.
Did you use any of the scouting tricks or spoiler lists discussed here?

Many here would dissagree but I believe Madden 12 did a better job combining ratings into gameplay. Awareness and DPP seem to have a noticable effect on gameplay.

I am pretty good at directional/touch passing and making slight adjustments in the pocket to avoid defenders, using Big Ben doesn't hurt of course. Put in Charlie Batch, can still move around pocket ok, completing passes is harder but not impossible as long as I stay in his range. Dixon is very mobile of course and surprisingly accurate at times, especially on the run. Dixon's downside is he is streaky and easily rattled under pressure.
The differences are much more noticable to me compared to any previous Madden's in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »