Home

18 Year Rivals - Record Breaking Whoopin!!!

This is a discussion on 18 Year Rivals - Record Breaking Whoopin!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: 18 Year Rivals - Record Breaking Whoopin!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
You immediately came to mind when I saw this play and I couldn't wait post this highlight for you.

The Giants using "zig-zag running" to score last night. Oh the irony Taz! lol

http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-g...it-like-Beckum
The one major difference though, is that Beckum actually had to slow down to make his cuts. He didn't make 90 degree cuts at full speed and acceleration. Maybe the guys who make Madden will one day understand that.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:52 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyskoods
lol get off your horse dude. This was a classic display of lack of gamesmanship. Calling a timeout to kick a field goal with :01 left up by 60? Pathetic, IMO.
Actually, I think you're confusing gamesmanship with sportsmanship. Winning and gamesmanship go hand in hand. So do losing and sportsmanship.

In essence, since I won, calling a timeout to kick a FG with 0:01 left is the epitome of gamesmanship because:

1) I won.
2) I won legally.

Check out this article called "Gamesmanship vs Sportsmanship." The article addresses the definition of both words.

Later
Old 12-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Actually, I think you're confusing gamesmanship with sportsmanship. Winning and gamesmanship go hand in hand. So do losing and sportsmanship.

In essence, since I won, calling a timeout to kick a FG with 0:01 left is the epitome of gamesmanship because:

1) I won.
2) I won legally.

Check out this article called "Gamesmanship vs Sportsmanship." The article addresses the definition of both words.

Later
Chump move. Like others mentioned the game-play looked hell-a cheesey.

Last edited by Setfree1012; 12-06-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #12
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5

It's always fun to beat a rival, but to be honest, your friend is awful at the game.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Stopped watching with all the 15 yd runbacks by the QB's.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #14
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

This comment isn't intended to be a knock on TNT's or his rival's playstyle but watching this really drives home the need for a different playing view.

It bothers me to see so much erratic QB scrambling, blind-side cutbacks and back across the body throws but it makes perfect sense with the current view. Users can obviously see the whole field and it would be unnatural to not react to what you clearly see, in an attempt to play "sim". When TNT stated his rival didn't even recognize his own gameplay at first, I can understand that.

The current gameplay view in Madden is best suited for watching the game, not playing it, imo.

On topic, I feel you TNT about "opening a can ....", because sometime the moment just gets the best of you. In a Madden 11 offline franchise with my friend, we always controlled the CPU team on each others weekly schedule and I hated the way he exploited the personnel of some CPU teams I controlled. Our User teams, Bucs v Skins, finally met in the playoffs and I beat him 6-74, in the NFC Championship, out of the accumulated frustration.

Unlike you though, I felt bad about it later on. lol
Old 12-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
This comment isn't intended to be a knock on TNT's or his rival's playstyle but watching this really drives home the need for a different playing view.

It bothers me to see so much erratic QB scrambling, blind-side cutbacks and back across the body throws but it makes perfect sense with the current view. Users can obviously see the whole field and it would be unnatural to not react to what you clearly see, in an attempt to play "sim". When TNT stated his rival didn't even recognize his own gameplay at first, I can understand that.
Yeah, this was the first time Dre had ever seen a full game on film. Since posting the video we've played one game (last night). He doesn't run 15 yards backward anymore.

Quote:
On topic, I feel you TNT about "opening a can ....", because sometime the moment just gets the best of you. In a Madden 11 offline franchise with my friend, we always controlled the CPU team on each others weekly schedule and I hated the way he exploited the personnel of some CPU teams I controlled. Our User teams, Bucs v Skins, finally met in the playoffs and I beat him 6-74, in the NFC Championship, out of the accumulated frustration.

Unlike you though, I felt bad about it later on. lol
LOL... My goal is to "open a can..." every game. I don't care if you're a grown man, and ailing 10-year old, or a nun in a convent - if you play Madden against me, I'm trying to WHOOP ASH, grind you into fine powder, then scatter you to the four winds.

IMO, its my responsibility to provide my opponents with a challenge. If my opponent feels the same way, we have a game that's fun for all. The game isn't nearly as fun (win or lose) when either opponent is slothful about their responsibility.

I don't feel bad about winning... Losing is what gets me.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #16
Banned

I'm cutting up last nights game... 3pt differential. It doesn't look like the same person playing. I'll post it to the thread as soon as it's edited and uploaded.

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »