Home

Packer-esque Offense

This is a discussion on Packer-esque Offense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
Rookie

BertmanT5's Arena

OVR: 1
Packer-esque Offense

In any sport game, I love the idea of rebuilding. After watching the Packers game yesterday, I loved, even if I'm a Bears fan, the way their offense flowed. So I had an idea to build up an offense like the Packers.

So, is there a specific team that has the pieces to be built into a Packer-esque offense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
Rookie

suthrnthug's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Packer-esque Offense

The New York Giants WRs didn't look too darn bad. I don't think they had Mario Manningham in that game either. Draft, sign, or trade for a receiving TE and you would be set. Eli is still young and their O-line can run the ball. Their defense is solid. I vote for the New York Giants.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Lol I watched the game and was like "their cheesing!" whenever they threw slant routes. It's impossible to defend that. He throws it like a second before the cut. Rodgers has perfect timing.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
Rookie

Jaaa's Arena

OVR: 0

If you can consider the Saints a rebuilding project, they might have enough talent and talent depth at receiver to be able to fully replicate what Green Bay does. But even then you're gonna need to find, as a Saints fan pointed out, a perfect QB. Good luck. (Although I can think of one place that might have something...)

Last edited by Jaaa; 12-05-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

In my Jaguars franchise who I moved to LA, I rebuilt their entire offense similar to what the Packers run. I have a Cam Newton like rookie QB 78 rated running the show, Ryan Williams rated a 87 is a nice receiving back that can break off some nice runs. I also have one year pro really fast WR rated an 87 that like a Greg Jennings or a Steve Smith. I also Have a one year pro very tall WR rated an 85 who is more of a possession guy but he man handles DB's. I have Mike Thomas who's rated an 80, and he plays in the slot. I have a beastly TE that I drafted who is like a combination of Antonio Gates and Vernon Davis. He wen't from a 83 to a 92 in one season. My offensive line is very young but with lots of physical talent. All 5 starters are rated an 84 or higher. I signed Steve Hutchinson in the offseason and moved him to Center. My offense is 1st in the league in yards, 2nd in passing yards, 1st in rushing yards and I'm averaging 32 points a game. Plus on top of my dominating offense I have a very good 3-4 defense that I've put together with lots of young talented LB's and very big run stuffing defensive linemen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrnthug
The New York Giants WRs didn't look too darn bad. I don't think they had Mario Manningham in that game either. Draft, sign, or trade for a receiving TE and you would be set. Eli is still young and their O-line can run the ball. Their defense is solid. I vote for the New York Giants.
Um... I'm sorry to disagree here, but how is the Giants offense ANYTHING like the Packers? You said it yourself, their defense is solid and they can run the ball, that's just about the opposite of what I imagine from a Packer-esque team.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
Rookie

suthrnthug's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
Um... I'm sorry to disagree here, but how is the Giants offense ANYTHING like the Packers? You said it yourself, their defense is solid and they can run the ball, that's just about the opposite of what I imagine from a Packer-esque team.
Because they have 3 very solid WRs and Travis Beckum is also a decent receiving TE. You do a couple of smart drafts, FA, and trades you will have an offense Packer-esque.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:46 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrnthug
Because they have 3 very solid WRs and Travis Beckum is also a decent receiving TE. You do a couple of smart drafts, FA, and trades you will have an offense Packer-esque.
They still don't have Aaron Rodgers, which is really the key part if you want to have a "Packer-esque" offense, you need A-Rod or a QB comparable to him, unfortunately there aren't exactly many of those around...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »