Home

Constant No-Huddle in Online Play

This is a discussion on Constant No-Huddle in Online Play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2011, 08:42 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Constant No-Huddle in Online Play

this will be my last post on the subject

Yes while in no huddle your opponent suffers little (if any) fatugue........And that is the MAIN ADVANTAGE they have.

But guess what.

Make them throw an incompletion and they HAVE TO HUDDLE UP!!!!! and when they huddle up they get blasted with fatigue!!

If you cant manage to do that then you dont deserve to win anyway.. But thats besides the point, if you cant make them throw an incompletion JUMP OFFSIDES!!!! They will have to huddle up and get blasted with fatigue!!
----------------------

There is no advantage in madden to go to 4 wide to goaline what so ever. THEY STILL HAVE THE SAME PERSONNEL ON THE FIELD!!!!

Again if you matched up personnel from the start you will be just fine.

Its still a WR blocking whoever you have out there....you have no excuses

And ppl who say that teams in real life dont change formations gerastically obviously dont watch falcons games.

The falcons base personnel for their no huddle is 2WR, 2 TE (including tony G), 1 RB

And they chose this personnel because they can go from a typical sb doubles (madden formation) to I form to gun to various other formations while having the perfect personnel on the field

THAT IS WHAT YOUR OPPONENT IS DOING IN MADDEN IF THEY RUN THE NO HUDDLE WELL

Man up and play defense

--------------------------
You have seven seconds (minimum) to adjust the positioning of your players...That is plenty of time if you know what your doing

and thats what im seeing after years of coming on here and reading these types of threads, people just done know what they are doing (generally speaking obviously) and they DO NOT WANT TO ADMIT IT.

and being stubborn they reach for every excuse there is that could possibly justify why they werent prepared.
---------------
Inherent risks and rewards to the no huddle

You cant get plays in that fast
You do realise that you can have wrist bands on every player on offense thus as soon as the play is over you can just have then go to the next play without any communication what so ever.. ANd you just need new cards for another drive if thats what said coach wants to do

Fatigue
From EXPERENCE (when I was in HS..playing O, D and all special teams)
When on offense we had a 19 play drive all in the no huddle offense.. The no huddle is way less demanding on the offense than on the defense.

and in madden the fatigue effect happen durring the huddle so all you have to do is get them to huddle up and there you go...I have already said ways to get them to huddle up....If thy are in red or orange they will run slightly slower with higher chance of fumbles. Wrs drop more balls, Qbs dont throw the ball as well

--------------

What are you left with?????

Nothing but excuses, YOU HAVE ALL THE TOOLS YOU NEED ON DEFENSE!!!!

D up point blank....

An I saying im the man against no huddle? NO....It flusters me as well. Hell I play against some of the best madden players in the world. I see it a ton vs the best

I somewhat concedee the first drive just to see what they are doing on offense. Soak in what they want to do then pounce on it...SOmetimes it takes me til the 3rd drive to get a real handle on what their gameplan is...BUT I DO FIGURE IT OUT. And once I do I start to squeeze and bait them...
-------------------

If you dont want to play the game against them than quit

hell I quit games all the time that I dont want to play...

You want to blk my FGs....See ya im gone

You people want to say its just a game, no need to run the score up...You can just play both sides of the field.

You also need to say its just a game, its just 1 loss on my record...Ima see ya!!

And if your just playing for fun why do you care what your record looks like?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #42
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

NCAA deals with the no huddle A LOT better than Madden does. There are number of things that NCAA does well that Madden needs, and this is one of them.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 28

I don't really care about the no huddle every play. I still play random online games to practice. I've lost my fair share of games, but one thing I will say, I don't every quit. One time I played a guy who was using the Patriots and he beat me 56-21. I finish the game. So maybe I couldn't come back and win, but there is always something to be learned that can help you. It has helped me in my league games for sure. Do I think a lot of the stuff is ridiculous and annoying? Of course it is, and it's not nearly as fun as playing a game against someone who wants to play more sim, but like I said, there are still things to be learned.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #44
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

This generation of Madden people have taken the word sim so far out of context, it's hilarious.

Going no huddle is not a cheat or cheese or whatever you would like to call it, it's called strategy. When he goes no huddle, he keeps your players on the field tiring them out and also keeps you from changing your play easily. The trade-off is that he also keeps his players out on the field, so they are also tiring out and eventually not even be serviceable to a certain point.

I'm all for playing a legit game of Madden. But why should I bother playing if we're just trying to play as close to real life as possible. Might as well freakin go outside and play football instead of playing Madden.

People have gotten so ridiculous with the sim stuff it is beyond insane. To me, it sounds like when you play online, it's just to see who can play more sim. Not who has actual strategy and a gameplan. Because, oh that's right, you are limited when creating a gameplan because you have to play "sim". If you do something to excessive then it's cheesing. It's called, exploiting your opponents weakness rather than "let's pick a balanced number of run/pass plays." Do the Colts do that with Peyton Manning? No, because then they wouldn't be using all they're weapons.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:25 PM   #45
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
You know, these are the same things I've been hearing for 10 years regarding why no-huddle isn't realistic on Madden. I still consider this and excuse for failing to evolve because in that same time, I've developed into a decent defender of no-huddle offenses.

The advantage/disadvantage exists only in the heads of the players playing the game. If you feel disadvantaged when facing no-huddle offenses, you will be at a disadvantage. But it won't be because of Madden, the tools are available to have a plethora of options literally at your fingertips... Defensively, personnel is the only part that is stagnant about no-huddle plays. The position and tempo are what turn the tide...
Apples and oranges TNT.

The fact that in spite of the no huddle not being NFL realistic in Madden, you have been successful in stopping it, is irrelevant. There was some early glitch in NCAA football that would cause the offense to float all the way into the endzone and snap the ball for a touchdown, that I learned to successfully stop by using a certain defense. However, that had nothing to do with simulating real life collegiate football strategy and neither do some successful "tactics" in Madden in relation to the NFL.

Whenever you start in on this Zen concept of competition and personal responsibility that can be applied to everything from Apple bobbing to Dragon Ball Z, I pass. If anyone is going to discuss Madden while referring to the real life NFL as a standard, it's intellectually dishonest at best, if not down right misleading, to acknowledge the direct similarities but discuss the direct differences in the abstract.

For example, somebody once stated something to the affect of, "Sure, Madden's challenge system doesn't have multiple choice but in the real NFL they review everything on a challenge so it's pretty much the same thing." Yeah, sure it is. LOL

@WFColonel56, reading you describe the no huddle in Madden does not at all resemble what I have experienced with it's execution in online play.

"But guess what.

Make them throw an incompletion and they HAVE TO HUDDLE UP!!!!! and when they huddle up they get blasted with fatigue!!"

Like I stated in another post, even after incompletions, the offensive players either remain or recover exceptionally soon, unlike defensive players that take much longer.

"There is no advantage in madden to go to 4 wide to goaline what so ever. THEY STILL HAVE THE SAME PERSONNEL ON THE FIELD!!!!"

In Madden, when making an audible out of a 4wr set to a goal line, there are WRs occupying TE/FB positions with blocking assignments designed for short yardage runs, engaging DL/LBs and are consistently being successful.

Again, these things are unrealistic and the fact that something unrealistic in Madden can be stopped is irrelevant to that. Madden success comes easy for me and many others but what I want is the video game simulated challenge of achieving NFL success.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #46
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
It's a video game. You aren't a better person or a bigger man for winning... Some familiarity is required; yet to sit and lab one play for hours isn't manly or respectful it's nerdish as ****. If you can do this, you have no life... And that explains why Madden is so important to you. Me, I pick up the game, play it - enjoy it... And wish it did some things better. The expectation of hours of practice just to have a decent experience isn't what most gamers do, or have time for.

Some of us need to get a chick, and apparently fast. Then you're all man
Old 12-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #47
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
This generation of Madden people have taken the word sim so far out of context, it's hilarious.

Going no huddle is not a cheat or cheese or whatever you would like to call it, it's called strategy. When he goes no huddle, he keeps your players on the field tiring them out and also keeps you from changing your play easily. The trade-off is that he also keeps his players out on the field, so they are also tiring out and eventually not even be serviceable to a certain point.

I'm all for playing a legit game of Madden. But why should I bother playing if we're just trying to play as close to real life as possible. Might as well freakin go outside and play football instead of playing Madden.

People have gotten so ridiculous with the sim stuff it is beyond insane. To me, it sounds like when you play online, it's just to see who can play more sim. Not who has actual strategy and a gameplan. Because, oh that's right, you are limited when creating a gameplan because you have to play "sim". If you do something to excessive then it's cheesing. It's called, exploiting your opponents weakness rather than "let's pick a balanced number of run/pass plays." Do the Colts do that with Peyton Manning? No, because then they wouldn't be using all they're weapons.
The things is "sim" should not be a "tactic" or strategy in Madden it should be a gameplay parameter/setting. The subjective nature of "sim" surrounding Madden is completely fabricated, imo, because a video game sports simulation is simply emulating the real life parameters of the sport, in the video game.

The missing NFL elements in Madden don't hurt the simulation experience nearly as much as the existing elements that are not collectively configured or tuned, on any setting, to emulate real life NFL parameters. Things like unrepresented penalties, no route based passing and unaccounted for ratings categories, are not what make Madden "unsim"/arcade. It's things like the existing penalties, current passing and ratings system, not being tuned to emulate NFL parameters that do.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #48
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
It's a video game. You aren't a better person or a bigger man for winning... Some familiarity is required; yet to sit and lab one play for hours isn't manly or respectful it's nerdish as ****. If you can do this, you have no life... And that explains why Madden is so important to you. Me, I pick up the game, play it - enjoy it... And wish it did some things better. The expectation of hours of practice just to have a decent experience isn't what most gamers do, or have time for.

Some of us need to get a chick, and apparently fast. Then you're all man

Exactly. TNT takes madden way to serious. I would think that he gets paid to play madden or something. With that mindset he needs to be out coaching instead of taking pride in blowing people out in madden. Jeez not everyone is an madden expert.

Last edited by fatleg3; 12-10-2011 at 03:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »