Home

Constant No-Huddle in Online Play

This is a discussion on Constant No-Huddle in Online Play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Constant No-Huddle in Online Play

Why do people have to call someone a wuss when they complain about a constant no-huddle player.

Is it really so difficult to see that their is a high correlation between "no-huddle' players and "cheesers". The OP not only complained about the no huddle, but the fact that the player went for it on 4th down and kicked onside kicks.

9 times out of 10, Players who run a no huddle,also go for it on 4 and 12 or go for 2 points when they are already up 3 TDs, etc.

And yes you should be able to stop a player who goes for it on 4th down, but this is a flawed video game, and if a player runs the same play 4 times, their is a much higher probability of success than running the same play three times and then punting.

So it is ussually "cheese" when you see a player online running no-huddle.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #58
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

With all of the fast paced video games these days, kids can easily get bored so I understand why we see a lot of people run no huddle and do other types of unconventional things. I think the programmers should maybe slightly adjust some sliders in Madden to help discourage this type of play.

Is Madden NFL Arcade still around?
Old 12-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
Some one please point me in the direction where I can learn to do this...
To get the maximum number of audibles you need to do the following:

1) Set every user selected defensive audible to a different formation.
2) Never call the Quick Audibles from the play call screen.
3) Never call plays using the same formations as your user selected audibles.
4) Make sure your user selected audibles are not the same as the Quick Audibles.

Theoretically, this will give you 6 possible plays as user audibles each with 4 separate Quick Audibles giving you a range of 24 different defenses at your fingertips.

That said, it's not practical to always call different formations. I personally set my user audibles so that 2 are in the same formation, while the other 3 are different (dime, dime flat, goal line). I have 6 possible User selected plays, but since 2 of my audibles are in the same formation I get between 12-16 possible plays - which is plenty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoCares?
Why do people have to call someone a wuss when they complain about a constant no-huddle player.

Is it really so difficult to see that their is a high correlation between "no-huddle' players and "cheesers". The OP not only complained about the no huddle, but the fact that the player went for it on 4th down and kicked onside kicks.

9 times out of 10, Players who run a no huddle,also go for it on 4 and 12 or go for 2 points when they are already up 3 TDs, etc.

And yes you should be able to stop a player who goes for it on 4th down, but this is a flawed video game, and if a player runs the same play 4 times, their is a much higher probability of success than running the same play three times and then punting.

So it is ussually "cheese" when you see a player online running no-huddle.
Simple... Football is a rough sport played by tough men. It's uncharacteristic of football players to complain about something that is 100% legal. It's even worse if it's EXPECTED and they still complain about it. It's a very sissified way to approach football...

There may be a correlation between players that no-huddle and those being called 'cheesers.' But there is also a correlation between players that use the term 'cheese' and those that are considered WUSS players...

Remember years ago when Rich Haslett coached the Saints and made comments about some bush league strategy his team lost to... He looked alot like a PANSY and less like a football coach.

Same applies to Madden players.

Later
Old 12-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #60
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

If they weren't constantly successful @ running the No-huddle they wouldn't constantly run it.
Plain and simple, guys will keep using whats working for them to get the W.
Now if they started to get penalized for such overuse they would stop doing it.

This is off the subject: EA can you keep the CPU a.i. from running the No-huddle in 1.2seconds. I feel like thats nothing I "See on Sundays".
Old 12-23-2011, 06:44 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Constant no huddle is okay as long as it doesn't take advantage of any video game's programming defects. In this situation, I think people who use no huddle for the entire game are taking advantage of a video game's programming defect. In a real NFL game, on both ends would tire out or get injured.
That's exactly why made this thread in the first place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2011, 01:35 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Constant no huddle is okay as long as it doesn't take advantage of any video game's programming defects. In this situation, I think people who use no huddle for the entire game are taking advantage of a video game's programming defect. In a real NFL game, on both ends would tire out or get injured.
In Madden fatigue is an issue. And in the NFL players don't just get injured because of they run a bunch of plays in rapid succession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
If they weren't constantly successful @ running the No-huddle they wouldn't constantly run it.
Plain and simple, guys will keep using whats working for them to get the W.
Now if they started to get penalized for such overuse they would stop doing it.
I'm curious. What penalty do you think is suitable for a tactic that is 100% legal? And why can't we play solid defense as an alternative to no-huddle?

Later
Old 12-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #63
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
In Madden fatigue is an issue. And in the NFL players don't just get injured because of they run a bunch of plays in rapid succession.
In Madden it is an issue, Agreed!
Thats another reason people use the No-Huddle constantly. I've seen the whole O-line out sprint my OLB B. Orakpo 60yds downfield?!? I don't see that Sundays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
I'm curious. What penalty do you think is suitable for a tactic that is 100% legal? And why can't we play solid defense as an alternative to no-huddle?

Later
How bout just make it like I "See on Sundays", O-lineman are not going to out run my fastest defenders 50-60yds downfield after a big play.
Why is this fair that the O-lineman all turn into Randy Moss and get set 60yds downfield in 4.4 seconds?
If anything thats penalizing the defense imo.
Continue...........
Old 12-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #64
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Simple... Football is a rough sport played by tough men. It's uncharacteristic of football players to complain about something that is 100% legal. It's even worse if it's EXPECTED and they still complain about it. It's a very sissified way to approach football...

There may be a correlation between players that no-huddle and those being called 'cheesers.' But there is also a correlation between players that use the term 'cheese' and those that are considered WUSS players...

Remember years ago when Rich Haslett coached the Saints and made comments about some bush league strategy his team lost to... He looked alot like a PANSY and less like a football coach.

Same applies to Madden players.

Later
No the same does not apply to Madden players. Its just a video game. If you take Madden that serious then you need to get out more. To call someone a wuss or whatever because they complained about someone running no huddle all game is ridiculous. And to me is just being a internet thug, video game bully or whatever you want to call it. That makes them even more of a wuss.

I didnt hear nobody saying Verlander was a wuss when his no hitter was broken up late in the game by a bunt, then after the game he basically called it a bush league move.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »