Home

The 3-4 doesn't look right to me

This is a discussion on The 3-4 doesn't look right to me within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1
The 3-4 doesn't look right to me

I don't know why but in Madden 12 there are no LILB and RILB as I used to see in 2K's football game years ago. How can it be a 3-4 defense without those two inside linebackers?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: The 3-4 doesn't look right to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp121272
I don't know why but in Madden 12 there are no LILB and RILB as I used to see in 2K's football game years ago. How can it be a 3-4 defense without those two inside linebackers?
Madden is not, nor will it ever be, 2K. Conversely, 2K is not, nor will it ever be, Madden. Two separate vehicles, with different controls, different mechanisms, and different goals. If you approach Madden in 2K terms, you will be disappointed.

On to your question: The MLB1 and MLB2 become LILB and RILB respectively on Madden... When you set your depth chart, set your MLB to 1 and 2 and they will appear in the formation as you desire.

Later
Old 12-11-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Madden is not, nor will it ever be, 2K. Conversely, 2K is not, nor will it ever be, Madden. Two separate vehicles, with different controls, different mechanisms, and different goals. If you approach Madden in 2K terms, you will be disappointed.

On to your question: The MLB1 and MLB2 become LILB and RILB respectively on Madden... When you set your depth chart, set your MLB to 1 and 2 and they will appear in the formation as you desire.

Later
I wasn't trying to compare the two video games, just explaining what I've seen about the 3-4 defense. Thanks for the information.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp121272
I wasn't trying to compare the two video games, just explaining what I've seen about the 3-4 defense. Thanks for the information.
YW for the info. The admonition about comparing the games was meant for others reading the thread more than anything else. Lots of guys want Madden to play like 2K did.

It's hard not to compare/contrast the two game if you've played both. Being that I have not played both (All Madden all the time since Madden 2000), I'm not aware of how things happened on 2K. That 'un-knowledge' has been helpful for me because my fingers never needed to be re-trained to balance between the two.

That said, I hope your view of the way the 3-4 works in Madden makes more sense.

Later
Old 12-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
YW for the info. The admonition about comparing the games was meant for others reading the thread more than anything else. Lots of guys want Madden to play like 2K did.

It's hard not to compare/contrast the two game if you've played both. Being that I have not played both (All Madden all the time since Madden 2000), I'm not aware of how things happened on 2K. That 'un-knowledge' has been helpful for me because my fingers never needed to be re-trained to balance between the two.

That said, I hope your view of the way the 3-4 works in Madden makes more sense.

Later
I looked at ESPN's site and they have Depth Chart showing LILB and RILB. I know it's not a big deal once explained here, but I also feel it shouldn't be that difficult to do in Madden.

Yes, my view of how the 3-4 works in Madden makes more sense to me now, so thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I am used to the postions being called the Mike Line Backer "MLB' and the Inside Line Backer [ILB], with the ILB being the RILB.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I am used to the postions being called the Mike Line Backer "MLB' and the Inside Line Backer [ILB], with the ILB being the RILB.
So then you would have LOLB, MLB, ILB (RILB) and OLB (ROLB) for 3-4?

I think it's much simpler to just have it as it really is, LOLB, LILB, RILB, ROLB for a 3-4 defense.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:18 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:

Later
Looking at the Depth Chart shown on ESPN, the first MLB slot in Madden goes to RILB and second slot goes to LILB for 3-4 defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »