Home

Yu can make Madden like real life...Its easy

This is a discussion on Yu can make Madden like real life...Its easy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Yu can make Madden like real life...Its easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTape
I find it really hard to believe it works like that..."radius of inducing animations"...i dont know how people come up with these theories.

As silly as it sounds, its true. I tested it on madden 11 & 12. Same results. Im actually pretty pissed off that EA jus never made mention of what these things were and how they affect the gameplay.

Personally I call it the bubbleball effect.

The ball floats and is bouncy like a volleyball the higher the priority.
The ball flies thru the air and bounces like an actual football the lower the slider.
With high priority players tend to warp to each other and stick.
This is why the zig-zag is so powerful in madden because you can fake one way and get the defender to commit that direction only to be suctioned into someone else.
With lower priority players engage each other when they actually make contact with each other. The animation triggers and the move on instead of being stuck. This makes running the ball and running back punts & kickoffs more realistic because the blocking animations play out better.

I would have to say the best thing about the priority find is that wr/db and ol/dl play is much better. You can actually see the acc & agility come into play because WR's separate better instead of sticking to the DB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaW97
As silly as it sounds, its true. I tested it on madden 11 & 12. Same results. Im actually pretty pissed off that EA jus never made mention of what these things were and how they affect the gameplay.

The ball flies thru the air and bounces like an actual football the lower the slider.
This is why the zig-zag is so powerful in madden because you can fake one way and get the defender to commit that direction only to be suctioned into someone else.
With lower priority players engage each other when they actually make contact with each other. The animation triggers and the move on instead of being stuck. This makes running the ball and running back punts & kickoffs more realistic because the blocking animations play out better.

I would have to say the best thing about the priority find is that wr/db and ol/dl play is much better. You can actually see the acc & agility come into play because WR's separate better instead of sticking to the DB
Sounds really interestng, im gonna have to test this out.

If everything you say is true, its truly baffling how EA uses the settings. EA wouldnt even be able to explain it, because how do you explain "go into franchise and lower the priority setting in order for players to not stick to each other". So people who dont play franchise are stuck with a faulty game. Its like they hide secret gameplay improvements into random settings. Just incredible.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:48 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:

what priorities do you use for wr and dbs? iv been messing with all the others and got them done but im not sure where to set the wr and dbs.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegout
what priorities do you use for wr and dbs? iv been messing with all the others and got them done but im not sure where to set the wr and dbs.
QB 40
WR 40
CB 50

Game Speed Normal
Threshold 20

QB Acc 26
WR Catching 25

using those settings I saw DeSean Jackson dive for the ball and cradle it instead jus watching it fly by even though he is inches away from reticule

I saw Jason Avant stretch his arms out on an In route when he was behind the CB instead of jus being stuck behind him.

Jus playing around with priority + game speed + threashold you can see different animations
Old 12-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
QB 40
WR 40
CB 50

Game Speed Normal
Threshold 20

QB Acc 26
WR Catching 25

using those settings I saw DeSean Jackson dive for the ball and cradle it instead jus watching it fly by even though he is inches away from reticule

I saw Jason Avant stretch his arms out on an In route when he was behind the CB instead of jus being stuck behind him.

Jus playing around with priority + game speed + threashold you can see different animations
Honestly ive seen all those animations without touching priority setting. I also notice wr separating from db, and id say its because of the threshold setting.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Honestly ive seen all those animations without touching priority setting. I also notice wr separating from db, and id say its because of the threshold setting.
could be

im just happy I found good sliders. The cpu is actually giving me a challenge now.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:07 PM   #31
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Have you not been reading the Examining Coaching Sliders thread? http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-schemes.html

Thats what alot of us have been testing and its a big factor in how my sliders play out.(I've been telling you this in your thread lol)

Just read PG 1 under Coaching Scheme tips. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...o-realism.html

Last edited by dfos81; 12-14-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Have you not been reading the Examining Coaching Sliders thread? http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-schemes.html

Thats what alot of us have been testing and its a big factor in how my sliders play out.(I've been telling you this in your thread lol)

Just read PG 1 under Coaching Scheme tips. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...o-realism.html
Thanks for the links, I did read all of it. But i didnt notice any difference in gameplay at all when changing the coaching schemes. Just because some people say thats what they think it does, doesnt make it true. Alot of people come up with theories and then others piggyback on it when they experience placebo effect.

Last edited by GameTape; 12-15-2011 at 12:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »