Home

Not enough pressure from DE's, too much pressure from DT's

This is a discussion on Not enough pressure from DE's, too much pressure from DT's within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Not enough pressure from DE's, too much pressure from DT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Coaching Schemes has worked for me.

Hmm bc when I put the Dts priority to 0 and run stopping they just take up space and bounce from lineman to to lineman.
Sorry to hear coaching schemes didn't work for you.
When you do that, do the DE get any pressure? Because i could edit the sliders to lower pass rush, but then no one would get pressure. Its impossible to isolate the pass rush for only the DEs.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #10
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTape
When you do that, do the DE get any pressure? Because i could edit the sliders to lower pass rush, but then no one would get pressure. Its impossible to isolate the pass rush for only the DEs.
To help the DEs and OLBs(3-4) to get edge pressure put the Offensive Tackle to 0 priority, and from there just raise the Pass rush slider until you see the edge guys getting more pressure.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
To help the DEs and OLBs(3-4) to get edge pressure put the Offensive Tackle to 0 priority, and from there just raise the Pass rush slider until you see the edge guys getting more pressure.
I tried that, i find that it might help a little bit, but its far from a solution, its more like a small bandaid at best.

I encourage you to look closely at where the pressure is coming from (even if the play doesnt result in sack), you will find that DT get through too often and DE/OLB not enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 28

This has been discussed ad-nauseum on this site and around all other communities. It's a major flaw that's been in Madden for a long time. It's what prevents people from stepping up in the pocket and instead they drop back 25 yards. The pressure ALWAYS comes from up the middle. The only way to free your elite DEs is to blitz and set it up so that it frees up one of your ends. The one thing I am confident of is that this issue will NEVER be fixed, like the 100 other problems with the game that have existed for the last 10 years that get ignored. So instead, we get to look at that same silly shrug off animation constantly happen when the defensive tackle shakes the center and crushes the QB right when he's about to unload the ball.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #13
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

I've noticed usually the D-lineman that do the most damage are higher in strength and blk shed than the Guard or Center they are facing. So it could also be fixed by adjusting ratings. That's a lot of work though.

I find it to work well with this setup for

priority/style

Offense

Tackle: 0/1
Guard: 100/0
Center: 100/0

Defense

DE: 100(50 for 3-4 teams)/2
Dts: 0/0(I think that's runstopping)
OLBs: 100/1(set to pass rusher 2, for 3-4)
Mlb: 100/1

Last edited by dfos81; 12-13-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #14
Rookie

BlackJackRabbit's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaW97
something I would suggest is putting your best pass rusher on the left side.

RE's and ROLB's dont get the pass rush they should in madden but the LE's and LOLB's do

so on the depth chart I switch them up for played games and leave them in position for simmed games

honestly,
this is very disappointing because the LE dominance has been a problem in madden for as long as I can remember
Yep, it's been that way since at least Madden 10.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:13 PM   #15
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

This has been a problem for some years now with Madden. I really think it is a matter of issues here. This where ratings once again needs to come into play here. You might have some DEs out there that can't get to the QB as other DEs can. I've seen where one DE can do every different move in the book and never get close to the QB because he might not be quick enough or fast enough. While another DE can get to the QB with no problem. Should be according to how good the player and his size and speed aswell. All this should factor into who can get to the QB. There are just different factors in all this. This should appy to DT and LBers and CBs aswell. But this mainly about front 4 more then anything. But it should depend on the players ratings along with speed and weight and so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #16
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
This has been discussed ad-nauseum on this site and around all other communities. It's a major flaw that's been in Madden for a long time. It's what prevents people from stepping up in the pocket and instead they drop back 25 yards. The pressure ALWAYS comes from up the middle. The only way to free your elite DEs is to blitz and set it up so that it frees up one of your ends. The one thing I am confident of is that this issue will NEVER be fixed, like the 100 other problems with the game that have existed for the last 10 years that get ignored. So instead, we get to look at that same silly shrug off animation constantly happen when the defensive tackle shakes the center and crushes the QB right when he's about to unload the ball.
I'm sure this issue can be fixed if the head guys at EA would allow the Madden crew more time on fixing these current issues instead of trying to add new stuff to the game just to draw in more customers every single year. Why I love them adding new stuff to franchise mode and presentation every year. I wheather put up with the same stuff this coming year, So long as alot of the current problems with Madden was finally fixed to make the game much more fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »