Home

Throwing the ball away...

This is a discussion on Throwing the ball away... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Throwing the ball away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
7 seconds is more than enough time to get out of the pocket and throw it away from a possession on the 5 and still leave time for another play.
If you're quick about a one-read play, 5 seconds is enough to get 2 plays. I got a next play after the half a with 0:04 the other day with Cam Newton. Saved 0:01 on the clock and let me get a FG attempt in.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6

These threads always devolve into TNT713 and KBLover telling someone to get better or to compensate. They never assume that you, as a madden player competent enough to spend time on a message board dedicated to it, know how to compensate, but would like a better option. It's borderline trolling and I'd love if they were banned. It's become a nuisance here.

That said, yes, if R3 was used contextually like ~ 15 yds away, depending on awareness, out the back of the end zone. It even has risk attached as the QB could keep it inbounds or ground it incorrectly.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:44 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
These threads always devolve into TNT713 and KBLover telling someone to get better or to compensate. They never assume that you, as a madden player competent enough to spend time on a message board dedicated to it, know how to compensate, but would like a better option. It's borderline trolling and I'd love if they were banned. It's become a nuisance here.

That said, yes, if R3 was used contextually like ~ 15 yds away, depending on awareness, out the back of the end zone. It even has risk attached as the QB could keep it inbounds or ground it incorrectly.
how are they trolling? because their telling someone that what they want to be able to do would be considered grounding? i dont see a way to make the throw away botten anymore easy.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegout
how are they trolling? because their telling someone that what they want to be able to do would be considered grounding? i dont see a way to make the throw away botten anymore easy.
it's not. if a qb drops back and no one's open, he can throw it out of the back of the end zone, since that's where those players will be. my 15 yds were ridiculous now that i think about it.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
it's not. if a qb drops back and no one's open, he can throw it out of the back of the end zone, since that's where those players will be. my 15 yds were ridiculous now that i think about it.
the ball has to be throw at someone and be within 15 yards.weather its through the end zone or straight out of bounds(passed the los) or its grounding its easy enough to throw the ball away you can aim your throws. you cant just throw the ball out the back of the end zone if noones around. i mean the game doesnt call grounding half the time so i dont see how its a problem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #46
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

SSOOOOOOOOOOO, I finally remembered to go into practice mode and test this out a bit. Turns out the R3 is already programmed to do what I wanted it to LOL. inside the 20 when you click it throws it over the head of the primary receiver (red route)for that play out of the endzone!
Old 12-25-2011, 03:38 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:

iBlievN5,

I don't believe I've seen you posting around the Madden forums. Glad to have you join in. Now that the pleasantries have been dispensed...

I am not at all concerned about whether "Player A" wants to get better, my purpose is to inform him that he must get better or risk the fun he values so much. What you may have missed while skimming through the thrust of my posts were the numerous methods and suggestions for throwing a ball clear of defenders and receivers in addition to the normal 'throw away button'.

Simply put, if "Player A" doesn't master the art of performing the tasks he wants to perform, he will eventually pay for any weaknesses in his technique. If "Player A" wants to achieve his goal of throwing out the back of the end zone from the pocket without a penalty, he can, and here's how. How that rose to the level of trolling is beyond me...

Later
Old 12-26-2011, 12:09 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
SSOOOOOOOOOOO, I finally remembered to go into practice mode and test this out a bit. Turns out the R3 is already programmed to do what I wanted it to LOL. inside the 20 when you click it throws it over the head of the primary receiver (red route)for that play out of the endzone!
try it in game and see if you get a penalty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
iBlievN5,

I don't believe I've seen you posting around the Madden forums. Glad to have you join in. Now that the pleasantries have been dispensed...

I am not at all concerned about whether "Player A" wants to get better, my purpose is to inform him that he must get better or risk the fun he values so much. What you may have missed while skimming through the thrust of my posts were the numerous methods and suggestions for throwing a ball clear of defenders and receivers in addition to the normal 'throw away button'.

Simply put, if "Player A" doesn't master the art of performing the tasks he wants to perform, he will eventually pay for any weaknesses in his technique. If "Player A" wants to achieve his goal of throwing out the back of the end zone from the pocket without a penalty, he can, and here's how. How that rose to the level of trolling is beyond me...

Later
been here, thanks. I feel it's trolling because, you're ignoring his issue with the game and making it about your perspective of "the game is the game, play it." which isn't true. this forum has room for people to voice their complaints and users to actually respond to those complaints, not treat them like children who stumbled into a controller and this forum. I'm sure he knows that "workaround" you posted and if he doesn't, that's not his issue. his issue is that "oh hey, it'd be cool if I could throw out the back of the endzone like IRL." and yes it would be.

you never miss an opportunity to belittle players' skill, tell them to man up and accept madden for what it is. this board isn't for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »