Home

I trust you guys

This is a discussion on I trust you guys within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: I trust you guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaW97
the amount of work you have to put into madden 12 franchise mode is equal to that of a part time job.I'm spending way too much time on roster moves and sliders. I think for every hour of game play there is 2 hours of menus. I should be able to buy Madden and hop right into playing by now.
Yeah, except you don't have to do that. I'm not doing that and still have a lot of fun playing offline franchise.

All I do is after the first preseason, pick up all the high draft picks that get released and trade them back to their teams. It sucks, it takes about 30 minutes, but I really only have to do it once for a new franchise. Every preseason thereafter, I just take a look whether some team released a high round draft pick and trade him back to them, takes about 5 minutes tops.

So no, you don't have to put in that much work to enjoy offline franchise. If it drives you completely crazy to find some really bad F potential UDFAs somewhere deep on the depth charts of some teams, yeah, than you'll have to invest a lot of work, but I don't mind that because I honestly don't care how much a team's sixth receiver sucks, and if they ever lose enough people so one of them would be forced to start, the team will usually hit the FA market before the next game, so I really think this issue is blown way out of proportion by some people. I've played through four years of my first franchise, controlled only one team, and didn't spent hours and hours adjusting sliders and roster and it still worked fine.

After an incredible 2012 season ends with a Super Bowl win, Hope Turner and her Vikings are trying to prove that their performance was more than just a one-shot.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:43 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 49

Its your choice. I'd say Madden 11 is a 6 rating , and Madden 12 is a 6.8-7 tops. There is a big jump, but theres just too much stuff holding it back from that 8+rating where it really should be. Theres still sliding, and its so noticeable. Also the commentary is as bad as it gets, and so is the sound. Personally, I dont think the presentation is that good either, but it has its moments. I really like the way players look at the coin toss. Hopefully next yer they capture more of that. The entraces are weak and not well done IMO. As a whole, the game doesnt feel finished or polished. I would prob wait for Madden 13 if I were you, or wait until Madden 12 can be had for under $20.

Player models are better then they have ever been, still not perfect. Gameplay is improved but still has arcade feeling with things like sliding into place(and very noticeable) and some of the tackles are a little arcadish if you ask me(a minor gripe I guess).

Hope this helps.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 1

Madden 12 is on sale now at a much better price than when it first came out. I would choose Madden 12 over 11, and I have both. I like the new franchise addition of having to cut players. That alone makes this version worth it. The one thing I always hated about playing Madden was how fast you could go through season after season. Now, with the revised Franchise mode cutting players aside from the new FA bidding war, I can't get through a season and play another as fast as before--and I like it that way.

I really wish they would get into giving us a better presentation, nevertheless, I prefer 12 over 11 and my vote goes to Madden 12, not perfect by any means, just better for Franchise mode, in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »