Home

Fantasy draft strategy.

This is a discussion on Fantasy draft strategy. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Fantasy draft strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpolloestupendo
Do you guys have any particular thoughts on the offensive line? It seems like the general consensus is that pass rush is busted to the point that DT and DEs don't matter too much and you can wait on them... do you generally apply that philosophy to G and T as well, or do you think it's important to get solid guys early? The computer seems to snatch them up pretty quickly.
I look for good looking young kids and hope they develop (and consider using my draft picks on OL in the first few years the franchise if they don't or I get a lot of C/D potential kids).

I do wait on them, rounding out my defense and getting a solid QB, some good RTE and CTH WR, and good young HBs. I usually get one top guy (usually a C) to anchor the line and hope for the best later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2011, 09:15 AM   #26
Pro

live to die54's Arena

OVR: 5

Who are some lbers and dline that you can draft to be able to run a 3-4 and a 4-3 without having to do any subs?
Old 12-22-2011, 11:07 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by live to die54
Who are some lbers and dline that you can draft to be able to run a 3-4 and a 4-3 without having to do any subs?
Dline? Pretty much anyone. Every DE who's able to stop the run (good block shedding and tackle ratings) and not too slow (mid 70s speed at least) can play the 3-4 just as well as the 4-3, every good DT can play both as well.

Concerning LBs, draft guys that are fast and can at least cover somewhat. If you want to run a hybrid defense, you absolutely DO want Von Miller, accept no substitute. For the other spot, any LB who's fast and can play the pass is good, Clay Matthews and Jerod Mayo are two elite options, Ryan Kerrigan and Aldon Smith aren't great in coverage but will develop in time. For MLB, I'd try to target guys like Brian Cushing and Lawrence Timmons, they are fast and good in coverage, they can both play OLB as well as MLB in the 4-3 and would make great ILBs in the 3-4. For later round options, consider Colin McCarthy for MLB, decent rookie you can pick up in round 30+

After an incredible 2012 season ends with a Super Bowl win, Hope Turner and her Vikings are trying to prove that their performance was more than just a one-shot.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Mayo and Timmons are two guys I love and they are usually easy to grab.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:37 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, I love Miller and Mayo. They go so early, though - I was drafting the other day, and Miller would be gone by about ten picks into the fourth round. Had to restart a couple times so I could get a late first-round pick and be able to get the two of them in the third and the fourth.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #30
MVP

The problem is that Miller is a "cutoff guy", he's only gone so early because you take Mayo, because the CPU usually hits the position you just drafted more than it would on its own, so if you take Mayo, Miller will be gone soon after, but if you don't take him, you can easily pick up Miller a round or two later most of the time because then he's in the next "wave" of OLBs

After an incredible 2012 season ends with a Super Bowl win, Hope Turner and her Vikings are trying to prove that their performance was more than just a one-shot.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Huh! I had no idea, but I guess that makes sense. So really, I just need to have two picks close together, and then I should wait and get Mayo as late as possible, if I want them both.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #32
MVP

You if you want them both, that's the best strategy. My usual fantasy backfield consists of Mayo, Cushing and Miller at LB, Peterson and either Amukamara or DRC at CB, Eric Berry and Earl Thomas at safety. With a backfield like that, no offense is ever going to outrun you...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »