Home

Need to know how to create custom book

This is a discussion on Need to know how to create custom book within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Need to know how to create custom book

I can't figure out how to create custom books and its pissin me off lol.I can get as far as removing plays but I want to add other plays from other teams I dunno which button to use to get to the teams and then to formations and then the plays or how it works at all. Any help? I have a ps3 too. Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Need to know how to create custom book

I see questions about custom playbooks alot, no one answers them, people online ask me all the time...so here is my

CUSTOM PLAYBOOK FAQ

To create a quality custom playbook, it takes time, patience, and a decently high football IQ...

but if you have those things custom playbooks are bomb.

I am a carolina fan, i run with the panthers every game, i run an offense just like the panthers; alot of shot gun, options, alot of motions runs, pistol formation, the tebow shotgun formation, philly speads, and a QB wildcat are all in my playbook....

Up top on the build your playbook screen either the R1/L1 or R2/L2 buttons switch between "your plays" and "all plays". I suggest take your normal playbook, and then immedately remove all of the formations you don't use, then slowly add in formations, sets, and plays to allow you to do what you want...

How i built my playbook...

Step 1) pick your base playbook, i choose philly's because they have the read/option shotgun formations already

Step 2) Remove formations, sets, and plays you don't use....I removed like 5 shotgun sets(mostly split back shotgun sets), removed all weak I formations and sets, threw out any twins formation, any tight formations(CHEEESSSEE) and threw out a large number of plays i don't use (certain runs and route patterns).

Step 3) make sure you have the formations and sets you like and feel comfortable playing out of, for me this was single back 2 TE, single back 3 WR, Power I, Strong I, ALOT of shotgun, and one wildcat

Step 4) The serious step

think about each formation and how you want to run it, and why. My single back, 2 TE formation is my safest formation, my run formation. I went in and added every run i consider a successful play to give myself mutliple options of how what running plays i can choose from this formation.

I then went and cleaned out my shotguns, I run shotgun 90% of the time so i pick and choose from plays i liked and thought had potential. I made sure I had a draw, counter, read/option and HB screen in all 4 of my main shotgun formations

Now you can pick and choose all of your plays, and if you see something online you like, you can go find the play or formation and throw it in. I just recently added pistol and the Tebow shotgun formation to my playbook, I'm constantly growing my offense and getting it better...

FYI I'm 148 - 44 online, every game with the Panthers, and i've quit atleast 15 games for stupid reasons (bad connection, time for dinner, time to go out, one a$$hole that kept harassing me after i whooped him once so i just quit when he kept challenging me under different names)

A custom playbook will take your offense to the next level
Old 12-13-2011, 09:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Yeah I've tried to create custom books but u can only get as far as removing them lol. How do you add plays from other teams?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »