Home

hidden things in the code of madden?

This is a discussion on hidden things in the code of madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7
hidden things in the code of madden?

There has got to be some sort of hidden stuff in this game and its really pissing me off. I have found a hidden facemask. I also have something coded to one of my drafted players that makes him wear sleeves all the time, not just in the cold, even though I have him edited to wear no sleeves. Theres some glitch that makes your team color sleeves white during BCAM. Things like this are just plain annoying! anyone else hate this or found other hidden things?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: hidden things in the code of madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
There has got to be some sort of hidden stuff in this game and its really pissing me off. I have found a hidden facemask. I also have something coded to one of my drafted players that makes him wear sleeves all the time, not just in the cold, even though I have him edited to wear no sleeves. Theres some glitch that makes your team color sleeves white during BCAM. Things like this are just plain annoying! anyone else hate this or found other hidden things?
I know a poster found a hidden team. (wish I could remember who to give credit.)

When you go to quick-match under "play now" (off-line only) keep hitting "random team" and eventually you will be given the hidden team. Its is all 99 rated players with names of the dev team. (IE Moore, Looman, etc etc)
Old 12-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Yes I rarely even play with those 99 overall players... You got Donny at WR wearing #12 making sideline tiptoe catches... Must be nice...with all the time on their hands... to play around with them selfs...ingame...Yes theres has to be sometype of secret code enbedded in the game.. Like last years xmass santa on preseason since the console time is around the holidays , and the Oct pink all out uniforms. Theirs hidden facemask for 1st picks i.e. a deep threat WR would have a weird looking Facemask... Or a top CB with no golves on just tape blk... where in the heck is Kutztown college... Lol I mean everyday theres a new issue with this game... Revamp engine is needed***EA Sports*** <<<>>>
Old 12-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
I know a poster found a hidden team. (wish I could remember who to give credit.)

When you go to quick-match under "play now" (off-line only) keep hitting "random team" and eventually you will be given the hidden team. Its is all 99 rated players with names of the dev team. (IE Moore, Looman, etc etc)
Ok, before I get up on my soapbox and make a big f'n deal over nothing, what's the deal with the hidden Madden developer Allstar team in the game?

Most of us on OS are adults I think, so is that just plain harmless fun or completely unprofessional?

For years, I believe we kept being told things about limited roster space and development resources but there is enough "extra" to create a Madden developer fantasy team and include it in the final game. This is yet another thing I would think makes all the sense in the world in a NFL Blitz type arcade game, like NBA Jams used to do. It's all fantasy anyway and not meant to be a simulation so nobody cares if or what "bonus" characters or teams are added. However, in a supposed NFL simulation game, where "time and resources" are consistently emphasized to be so limited, this seems tacky, imo.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Ok, before I get up on my soapbox and make a big f'n deal over nothing, what's the deal with the hidden Madden developer Allstar team in the game?

Most of us on OS are adults I think, so is that just plain harmless fun or completely unprofessional?

For years, I believe we kept being told things about limited roster space and development resources but there is enough "extra" to create a Madden developer fantasy team and include it in the final game. This is yet another thing I would think makes all the sense in the world in a NFL Blitz type arcade game, like NBA Jams used to do. It's all fantasy anyway and not meant to be a simulation so nobody cares if or what "bonus" characters or teams are added. However, in a supposed NFL simulation game, where "time and resources" are consistently emphasized to be so limited, this seems tacky, imo.
I completely agree with this post Big FN Deal.

I also wanted to point out the part in bold made me laugh heartily just now. Right in the middle of my cubicle office. Drawing looks of curiousoty from co-workers. I wish I could make subtle jokes with my screen name... but "kpkpkp" dont work that way... I wish I could change "kpkpkp" to "Kevdood83" to match my Live SN... and that I could invent the longer lasting light-bulb, even longer than the longer lasting ones they have now-a-days...

Wait what was I saying? All while wasting time at work? Oh yeah... those EA guys wasted time at work making this "fantasy team."

Those jerks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 8

Bring back Sugar Buzz, Marshalls, and Monsters!!!

Later
Old 12-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #7
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Just donate KP. Also I had no idea there was a hidden team.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:06 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersGM305
Yes I rarely even play with those 99 overall players... You got Donny at WR wearing #12 making sideline tiptoe catches... Must be nice...with all the time on their hands... to play around with them selfs...ingame...Yes theres has to be sometype of secret code enbedded in the game.. Like last years xmass santa on preseason since the console time is around the holidays , and the Oct pink all out uniforms. Theirs hidden facemask for 1st picks i.e. a deep threat WR would have a weird looking Facemask... Or a top CB with no golves on just tape blk... where in the heck is Kutztown college... Lol I mean everyday theres a new issue with this game... Revamp engine is needed***EA Sports*** <<<>>>
Kutztown is a small School in PA. It's where Andre Reed, the great WR for the Bills 4 Super Bowl teams played his college ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »