Home

Rookie Pics

This is a discussion on Rookie Pics within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2011, 12:30 AM   #17
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Rookie Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman
He's like that in everyone's franchise with the NCAA draft classes.
Mine is a white bald guy. It's all generated. It doesn't have 1 picture for him, it just picks a random one.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:06 AM   #18
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
Mine is a white bald guy. It's all generated. It doesn't have 1 picture for him, it just picks a random one.
Really? Because every time I retried it, he was the same guy. To top that off, look at how many people have been posting that he's a light skin black guy. Been like that for a while now. Not saying I don't believe you, I do. But I have yet to see that.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:55 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 32

If you have the patience, you can put NCAA 2012 back in your 360 (if you still have it) and load the rosters. From there, you need to do some player editing. I had to drop Andrew Luck's height by an inch and weight by 15 pounds. It's not ideal, but it gives him a face that is closer to his rather than some fat white dude. You also need to fix his skin color. When I edited his size, it gave me 32 face options and I picked face #4. I am getting good results with that.

You can do that with other players as well to get semi-realistic portraits. I spent more than hour re-importing my draft class and finally got some desirable results. It's a pain, but with some patience you can have a good class.

WHAT I HATE is the fact that EA will not let us edit a player's birth date or size. Most of the time spent re-importing was due to the fact that about 40-45 percent of the prospects were older than 24. I am getting tired of that and it would be a non-issue if they would just let us have full editing capabilities. If it's an issue with the NFLPA and licensing, I understand. I don't understand not giving us the option for players who we are importing from NCAA as they have nothing to do with the NFL right now.

I had the perfect class (pictures wise) but Luck was 25, Landry Jones was 24, Robert Griffin was 24 and Justin Blackmon was 24. There were a ton more, but what drives me nuts is that these are underclassmen for the most part who declared. Trent Richardson was 25. Unless you play for BYU, how many 25-year-old college juniors are out there and have first-round, elite NFL potential?

I don't mind that too much, but not being able to edit is what pisses me off. Gamers have been asking for full editing capability for years, so if there's something that we can't edit, I wish EA would give a legitimate reason on why we can't.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:59 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
Their not suppose to look like the real guy? Jesus.
Do you have to berate people who have legitimate concerns about the game in every thread? Is it just a trolling thing? What's your deal? Let people discuss their opinions about the game. If you find a thread that deals with addressing issues, why click on it, and why made berating, disrespectful posts that add nothing to the thread? There's plenty of positive threads around here.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:03 AM   #21
Banned

KGDunks's Arena

OVR: 0

Generate a image of the player's face like they do in 2k12 and NCAA it looks way better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2011, 09:45 AM   #22
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
Generate a image of the player's face like they do in 2k12 and NCAA it looks way better.
Don't know if this can be done given that the player database if much larger in Madden than in 2K12.

It would be nice.

The faces in Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge are not actual pictures like in Madden, they are computer cyber faces but damn they are spot on. If a small company like Sidhe can get it right I'm sure EA can do the same.

Last edited by Boltman; 12-17-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:48 PM   #23
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman
Really? Because every time I retried it, he was the same guy. To top that off, look at how many people have been posting that he's a light skin black guy. Been like that for a while now. Not saying I don't believe you, I do. But I have yet to see that.
DEFINITELY not true. I drafted Luck so I wanted him perfect. I reloaded him about 20 times to get the absolute closest "Luck clone" I could get.

Out of 20 reloads I got around 18 different faces for Luck - There is no question the faces reload differently. You might have gotten unlucky or reloaded after the class was already saved (this imo).

My currently face for Luck actually looks pretty close

I can take a screen shot/video if you are truly that skeptical but like I said I have been doing this for all players for months and seeing dozens of different pics for each player cycle through.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #24
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

Like I said I believe you, I guess I didn't try it often enough. Pair that up with the various posts I've read on here over time saying the same thing and that's why I thought that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »