Home

Warping and Teleporting

This is a discussion on Warping and Teleporting within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2011, 09:56 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 28
Warping and Teleporting

Added to the list of items that the developers at Tiburon have told us is fixed that really isn't is the player warping. In our league, guys are frustrated as hell with the passing game due to this issue. I love the fact that passing the ball is much harder this year and that zone coverage is finally fixed The biggest problem now is the teleporting and warping of players in front of the ball. Instead of worrying about hand towels, facemasks, 3d grass an other ridiculous items, let's focus on the football being played. Here is an example of a player morph that happened in one of our league games today. Not only did the defender warp forward, but he went THROUGH the receiver:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lg8Z...layer_embedded

This happens constantly. Players who appear open suddenly are covered before the ball gets there by the DB warping and motion shifting in front. It happens with receivers as well. Why is this still in the game? The problem seems to stem from a few issues that have remained constant here. If you watch what happens to the players on the field during pass plays, it's ridiculous. Just about every player suddenly becomes aware of the ball once it leaves the QB's hand. They simply stop what they are doing, all turnaround at once and react to where the ball is going. Safeties running deep with receivers will stop and sprint back towards the ball, LBs in coverage will magically turn around and attempt to get into position to make the tackle, and of course, guys near the ball to begin with will warp into areas on the field. This is embarrassing to see and what's even more irritating is the fact that there are developers who HAVE to see this yet either don't know enough to notice it, don't care to notice it, or just can't fix it. This is the type of thing that is killing this game. This is what makes the players and the interaction on the field feel completely robotic and primitive. If the developers want the respect THEY feel they deserve, how about having some respect for the intelligence of your consumer base? Maybe I am coming across as an elitist by saying this, but this crap insults my intelligence. It's hard to write software, it's hard to write football games, it's hard to write basketball games, etc. etc. Yes - we get it, but that excuse is getting tired.

The message here I am trying to get across to the developers is to really step back and take a look at how this game plays, the things that are fundamental that are missing and the things that are ruining the experience for die hard football fans. These are the same things we've been dealing with for many, many years. We are all tired of it. This is not a good product nor is it a good simulation of football. It will NEVER be perfect, and that is not what we are asking for, but it's proven that it can be done.

FIX THE FOOTBALL... PERIOD.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Warping and Teleporting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Added to the list of items that the developers at Tiburon have told us is fixed that really isn't is the player warping. In our league, guys are frustrated as hell with the passing game due to this issue. I love the fact that passing the ball is much harder this year and that zone coverage is finally fixed The biggest problem now is the teleporting and warping of players in front of the ball. Instead of worrying about hand towels, facemasks, 3d grass an other ridiculous items, let's focus on the football being played. Here is an example of a player morph that happened in one of our league games today. Not only did the defender warp forward, but he went THROUGH the receiver:

This happens constantly. Players who appear open suddenly are covered before the ball gets there by the DB warping and motion shifting in front. It happens with receivers as well. Why is this still in the game? The problem seems to stem from a few issues that have remained constant here. If you watch what happens to the players on the field during pass plays, it's ridiculous. Just about every player suddenly becomes aware of the ball once it leaves the QB's hand. They simply stop what they are doing, all turnaround at once and react to where the ball is going. Safeties running deep with receivers will stop and sprint back towards the ball, LBs in coverage will magically turn around and attempt to get into position to make the tackle, and of course, guys near the ball to begin with will warp into areas on the field. This is embarrassing to see and what's even more irritating is the fact that there are developers who HAVE to see this yet either don't know enough to notice it, don't care to notice it, or just can't fix it. This is the type of thing that is killing this game. This is what makes the players and the interaction on the field feel completely robotic and primitive. If the developers want the respect THEY feel they deserve, how about having some respect for the intelligence of your consumer base? Maybe I am coming across as an elitist by saying this, but this crap insults my intelligence. It's hard to write software, it's hard to write football games, it's hard to write basketball games, etc. etc. Yes - we get it, but that excuse is getting tired.

The message here I am trying to get across to the developers is to really step back and take a look at how this game plays, the things that are fundamental that are missing and the things that are ruining the experience for die hard football fans. These are the same things we've been dealing with for many, many years. We are all tired of it. This is not a good product nor is it a good simulation of football. It will NEVER be perfect, and that is not what we are asking for, but it's proven that it can be done.

I've seen players warp but never through a player. I playing on the 360 tho
Old 12-17-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 28

That video IS from the 360, but it doesn't matter, both games are exactly the same no matter the console.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:00 PM   #4
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Oh it still happens, just as suction blocking does too.
I've seen the more ridiculous warping, even warping through WRs on the All-Madden setting.
You won't see it much on All-Pro or lower tuned sliders for offline.
EA needs to rebuild the physics/animation engine but why do it when they have no worries of another football game beating them to the punch.
I can see EA rebuilding Madden from the ground up as soon as another developer(ie. Sony) steps in to compete against them for the supreme NFL sim game!
Old 12-17-2011, 11:50 PM   #5
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20

Well stated. I really, really want to love the football in Madden but just can't get past this stuff. Sometimes I think I am making too big a deal about this stuff but I don't enjoy or play a lot of video games. Heck, right now, video gaming is my main leisure, my escape from reality and I don't have what I believe to be a solid NFL title to indulge.

I am currently playing Skyrim, trying to get into NBA2k12 and in an obligated Madden 12 online franchise in which I play one game every 48 hours. I am considering trying Forza motorsport 4, even though not practically into racing but what I really want is a 2011 quality NFL football game.

I am honestly not a NFL snob that expects Madden to be perfect, I just want it polished. People that use sliders offline continue to assert what a difference they make and how well the games plays with them. If this is true, then just make sliders/ratings adjustments available with a fully featured online franchise and maybe an "around the league" highlight show, in M13 and I would play Madden year round instead of posting about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2011, 09:20 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thank you for making this thread, this is one of my biggest issues with the game. EA loves the psychic super swats, and has for the last decade.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Great post and with video to back it up. Sadly this is only part of the problem with the passing game. The passing game really needs to be completely re-hauled. From warping d-backs to the trajectory of the ball. THIS NEEDS TO BE A PRIORITY. When was the last time the passing game was shown any type of love....vision cone like 7 years ago?
Old 12-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

Pathetic, simply pathetic. I've seen this so many times, I'm trying to warp through people in real life. Look up the definition of EA in the Mermiam Webster Dictionary, and you'll see it says Pathetic company that thrives off making Billions, and improving on nothing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »