Home

Slipping receivers and not being able to throw!

This is a discussion on Slipping receivers and not being able to throw! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #1
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10
Slipping receivers and not being able to throw!

I really wish they would do away with this. Causes so many picks. I'm searching for a receiver and I finally find one but he has slipped or just got up from slipping. I press the button but nothing happens. I press it again and again because my receiver is still open but again nothing. BUT on one of those presses the qb throws the ball to a not so open receiver for the int. The defense has recovered and makes the play. My question is, why not let me throw the ball to my slipping receiver and just make it an incomplete pass or even a completed pass (if I'm throwing to Andre Johnson)? Why am I handicapped by the game for my guy slipping? When I push the button something needs to happen. My boy took a loss to me and this is why he lost. I thought about it and didn't feel like it was a legit victory. We've decided not to play any more rain or snow games.
I'm from H town Texas so we never experience snow or rain games on Sundays because we have/ had domes/ retractable roof stadiums. I want to use philly in the snow or Seattle in the rain but not if the game handicaps me. Clear sunny skies for me on Madden from now on. Btw I love seeing the slip animations.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Slipping receivers and not being able to throw!

I agree,
the 1st rain game I played in I was like what!?!
I thought the qb already got rid of it and then come to find out I was getting sacked bc I was just standing still w/ the qb and didn't realize I still had the ball.

Went back to replay and saw the WR slipped, cool, but let me throw it to him lol. If it sails, gets picked, or whatever, that's on me bc I threw to a WR that slipped.
EA should fix this, but I belive to do so they may have to remove the slipping animations. Hopefully not bc it adds realism.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
I agree,
I thought the qb already got rid of it and then come to find out I was getting sacked bc I was just standing still w/ the qb and didn't realize I still had the ball.

Went back to replay and saw the WR slipped, cool, but let me throw it to him lol. If it sails, gets picked, or whatever, that's on me bc I threw to a WR that slipped.
EA should fix this, but I belive to do so they may have to remove the slipping animations. Hopefully not bc it adds realism.
They could leave the icon active, that way we could still throw it. Sounds like that would change the least overall.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
I agree,

I don't see receivers slipping on every play in the rain in real life........they really need to tone this down.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:04 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

I agree.. I should be able to still throw the ball if I press the button even if my guy does slip.. I don't understand why they make you hold on to the ball. That doesn't make any sense..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #6
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10
Seems like an easy fix to me but what do I know.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2011, 05:33 AM   #7
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

They had it the last two years but many times receivers would warp up and catch the ball.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

yea i hate not being able to throw the ball to a falling wr but it used to look so bad when they would warp from the ground and catch the ball

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »