Home

PC Install Problem, please help

This is a discussion on PC Install Problem, please help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2003, 11:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
PC Install Problem, please help

Hello guys. I just picked up the PC version of Madden 2004 and I'm having problems. It installs fine, but when I go to start the game, the first screen (where you can select PLAY). I click PLAY and then I immediatley get a black screen and then it dissapears. Nothing loads.

I do have all the required specs, the most updated DirectX and Video card drivers, running XP with plenty of RAM.
ANyone know what the problem could be? This is very frustrating. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2003, 11:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: PC Install Problem, please help

No runtime errors? This usually happens on my Monster machine and then a lil runtime error comes up.

It only happens on old games though.. and its weird because my PC is too powerful for them.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:11 AM   #3
Rookie

Hi, no I'm not getting any error messages.
I do have a powerful machine, dual Xeon processors 2 ghz, but this is the only game I've had a problem with. I've seen other posts on other forums with people having similar problems, yet nobody seems to answer them. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 09-22-2003, 11:40 AM   #4
Rookie

I found out the problem. EA games won't run on dual monitors. So anyone else with this problem who has two monitors, you need to disable the second one. WOuld be nice if EA included this in their tech files or the game package.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »