Home

ok this is ridiculous

This is a discussion on ok this is ridiculous within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
Rookie

JWaLL's Arena

OVR: 8
ok this is ridiculous

so i did a fantasy draft draft and i forgot to pick a qb so i have jake locker. now i realize that he is not the most accurate passer. but he overthrows guys on 5 yard out routes by 10 yards. i dont care how bad of a qb you are. when u have a WIDE OPEN reciever, you dont miss. i mean its the NFL, the best 32 QB's in the world and you cant make a 5 yard throw? this is the most unrealistic thing this game has
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ok this is ridiculous

You're judging this on one game?

Every QB has a bad game, and many people on here have talked very highly about how good Jake Locker is in the game. Perhaps the problem is in the user?
Old 12-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
Rookie

xElway7x's Arena

I use my BRONCOS, and before Tebow got some ratings boosts, I was having a helluva time completing passes. With the sliders I was running, I was still getting realistic completion numbers for him though. Still it gets frustrating that he can hit the long passes, but misses the little 5 yard ins or outs. Oh, but he does that IRL lol.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Its all about DPP. Get some easy short completions to get his confidence up to hit longer passes.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:28 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWaLL
so i did a fantasy draft draft and i forgot to pick a qb so i have jake locker. now i realize that he is not the most accurate passer. but he overthrows guys on 5 yard out routes by 10 yards. i dont care how bad of a qb you are. when u have a WIDE OPEN reciever, you dont miss. i mean its the NFL, the best 32 QB's in the world and you cant make a 5 yard throw? this is the most unrealistic thing this game has
You have to get into practice mode with him and find out what kind of pass leading and button pressure you need to make EVERY THROW. I was only recently able to pick up my copy of M12, and in my first few games with Roethlisberger (I use the Steelers) I would hit my OT in the head everytime I tried to throw a drag. After a while in practice I was able to find the adjustments I needed, and now I can make most of the throws I need to run my offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Um I actually target Locker in many of my fantasy drafts when I want a young QB to develop since he's basically "Cam Newton light"

Of course you have to be a bit careful with him, but with the right receiving corps Locker can be pretty beast right from the start, sure he'll miss a couple of throws a game, but I'd be upset if he didn't with his ratings.

What sliders are you using? Many people who play regular sliders usually don't use the left stick at all while passing, but with bad passers with low accuracy and awareness, you really need to help them out a bit on some throws.

After an incredible 2012 season ends with a Super Bowl win, Hope Turner and her Vikings are trying to prove that their performance was more than just a one-shot.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:47 PM   #7
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Jake Locker overthrows everyone. You're complaint is because this is sim... Believe me. Totally authentic
Old 12-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

The bad thing with this game is how easy it is to go to the middle of the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »