Home

Should of known...

This is a discussion on Should of known... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2011, 06:53 PM   #9
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Should of known...

UT seems to become a lot less enjoyable when your team is higher rated. I've also noticed players will secretly sub in their superstars at most positions during a game.

I also think UT becomes less enjoyable near the end of the season because there's a greater chance of facing team with a lot of boosted players.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:37 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggadactyl
Totally agree, you have no idea how bad I want a great offline franchise. Thats the one game mode I play and if they could just improve that Id be happy. Fix the commentary and improve offline franchise.

Unfortunately most of the gaming community is younger kids who only play online videogames and force the video game creators to focus on the online aspect. It saddens me to see these kids who on forums ask if a video game has multiplayer and if not they refuse to play it. I miss when multiplayer was when you and your buddies would pull out the N64 and put in super smash or mario kart and have a blast.

Now I am not saying multiplayer is completely horrid, I believe it has innovated the gaming community greatly, more then anything else but I feel like it has become a requirement in every video game that is made now-a-days when truly it should not.
Just about everything you wrote here couldn't be more wrong. In fact, they have NOT focused on online gameplay at all. Online franchise has thousands of grown men playing it. There are TONS of leagues. We have been stuck wtih the same ****ty set of features for 3 years. In fact, nothing in online franchise is even close to offline franchise. There aren't even sliders in online franchise - so every time I see a post like this it rubs me like sand paper. You are saying this because YOU don't play online. Those of us who run leagues have been asking for this for over 7 years. All we got was a bare bones multiplayer season mode. No sliders, no adjustment to game speed, no franchise features, nothing. 3 years ago the mode was introduced and it hasn't been touched. Please stop with the "they focus on online for the little kids". There are no "kids" playing in serious online franchises. IN fact, those of us who play exclusively in leagues can say that it's because of you guys who want to beat the crap out of the computer relentlessly that we don't have any features in online franchise. However, that would be incorrect as well. Different people play different modes. Saying that one is detracting from the other is not correct. The only thing detracting from Madden is Tiburon.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:08 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggadactyl
I thought I would give UT a shot since I was bored and wanted to try something new. And then when my first game began I quickly remembered why I do not play madden online at all anymore. It is no fun. It is extremely un-realistic and people cheat to win. Seriously, onside kicks, going for it on 4th down, 2-pt conversions and doing the same plays over and over.

How does anyone who plays like that find it fun? Needless to say I ended up winning, and am done playing that online for sure. I might even sell madden at this point. I wish just for once there would be a game where the community was not a bunch of cheaters/immature humans and instead an enjoyable experience.
I won't go so far as to say people 'cheat' to win... I find there are 10x more people accusing people of cheating than actual cheaters. But there are some players that don't make the most sound football decisions. But isn't that the challenge of football? Can you make solid decisions for the entire game?

Just because Madden is a video game doesn't mean we have to play it like one. I derive much pleasure by playing Madden as if I were a real coach with a team of electronic players against the WORLD.

The competition drives me... Doesn't matter how my opponents play.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Just about everything you wrote here couldn't be more wrong. In fact, they have NOT focused on online gameplay at all. Online franchise has thousands of grown men playing it. There are TONS of leagues. We have been stuck wtih the same ****ty set of features for 3 years. In fact, nothing in online franchise is even close to offline franchise. There aren't even sliders in online franchise - so every time I see a post like this it rubs me like sand paper. You are saying this because YOU don't play online. Those of us who run leagues have been asking for this for over 7 years. All we got was a bare bones multiplayer season mode. No sliders, no adjustment to game speed, no franchise features, nothing. 3 years ago the mode was introduced and it hasn't been touched. Please stop with the "they focus on online for the little kids". There are no "kids" playing in serious online franchises. IN fact, those of us who play exclusively in leagues can say that it's because of you guys who want to beat the crap out of the computer relentlessly that we don't have any features in online franchise. However, that would be incorrect as well. Different people play different modes. Saying that one is detracting from the other is not correct. The only thing detracting from Madden is Tiburon.
I do play online, I was in an online franchise league. Where the hell did I even mention online franchise, it really seems like your just forcing your own rant into my post. I said that they add online in every video game for the new generation who play nothing but online, didnt mention anything about kids in online franchise... Honestly posts like yours rubs me like sandpaper. You are ranting at a subject I didnt even mention. Make your own topic if you want to be pissed at Madden about online franchise. And I dont "beat the crap out of the computer" I try and get the AI to be as tough and realistic as possible.

NFL: MINNESOTA VIKINGS
MLB: MINNESOTA TWINS
NHL: MINNESOTA NORTH STARS
NBA: MINNESOTA LAKERS
COLLEGE: MICHIGAN WOLVERINES
Old 12-23-2011, 10:47 PM   #13
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
All I can think about after reading this thread is two grown men rubbing each other with sand paper????
Old 12-24-2011, 01:05 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
All I can think about after reading this thread is two grown men rubbing each other with sand paper????

Old 12-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #15
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

My philosophy on MUT is coins are awarded for many different actions. Yards, tds, defense etc. So the mode is geared towards getting the most yards, tds as one can. You get a lot more coins on offense than you do on defense. So even tho its 4th and 27, going for it has much more upside than not. Even if you only get 15 yards of those plays, that's still coins.

Also, scoring as much as possible in any way gives a much more tangible result than playing play now games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 32

I never play online and have no desire to do so unless I'm playing someone I know. There's no way I'd waste hours out of my life to play some turd who cheeses me out of my mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »