Home

New EA Tiburon Creative Director

This is a discussion on New EA Tiburon Creative Director within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2011, 07:12 PM   #9
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: New EA Tiburon Creative Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
I wouldn't expect any sweeping changes implemented by a new creative director for 13. Maybe some guidance in certain areas but i imagine 14 will be his real baby.
While I agree, it should also be considered that this seems to be yet another step into a true NFL simulation direction. Although his direct influence might not be fully implemented until M14, the fact that he has been added to the team, continues to bode well for increased simulation in M13 by the current team.

Like I mentioned in another thread, EA does not seem content with dominating the football genre, they actually want a sizable piece of the entire sports simulation market. Bringing Madden on par with games like MLB The Show and NBA2k12 is the best way to do that, imo.

"Can't wait."

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 12-22-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:16 PM   #10
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
I also think expecting Madden 14 to be this great piece of gaming that compares to The Show is expecting too much.

It took years for The Show to reach its current status. Expect it to take years for Madden.

But if The Show's growth year-to-year is any indication, I think it's fair to expect Madden to improve every year. Just know we can't expect sweeping changes in just two years.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 12-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 39

Madden 14 might be on new hardware too. Perfect time for a leadership change??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #12
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Wow, Kolbe leaving The Show. Makes The Show team sad and Maddenites ecstatic.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #13
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah it took The Show yearsssssssssssss to get where they are. The Show series is in good hands though because they have a really solid foundation in place already, him leaving isn't going to change anything.

Madden however.........never had a solid foundation. So he is going to have build up that foundation FIRST, before he can improve the game play of Madden. So I expect Madden not have any drastic change until Madden 15 or 16.

He is going to have a lot in house house cleaning to do in Orlando. Change the culture of that place from doing just enough to get by to a we are doing everything we can to be the best ever type of attitude.

Because like any other business, when a new guy in charge comes in, he brings his OWN people as well that he knows already and trusts.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:31 PM   #14
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Just curious if anyone knows, but what does this mean for Mike Young? Wasn't he supposed to be the Creative on Madden? Are they going to have more than one? Could this internal shakeup be the reason for the radio silence and lack of updates?
Old 12-22-2011, 09:30 PM   #15
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah it took The Show yearsssssssssssss to get where they are. The Show series is in good hands though because they have a really solid foundation in place already, him leaving isn't going to change anything.

Madden however.........never had a solid foundation. So he is going to have build up that foundation FIRST, before he can improve the game play of Madden. So I expect Madden not have any drastic change until Madden 15 or 16.

He is going to have a lot in house house cleaning to do in Orlando. Change the culture of that place from doing just enough to get by to a we are doing everything we can to be the best ever type of attitude.

Because like any other business, when a new guy in charge comes in, he brings his OWN people as well that he knows already and trusts.
Yeah but will he be "in charge" though? I think Cam Weber is the new guy in charge and he already has about a year invested in changing Madden's foundation, with Ian Cummings having about 3 years. That puts Madden on a gradual "simulation" progression of about 4 years, with M13 making it about 5. I think the MLB guy coming in may be part of Cam Weber continuing to build on a simulation based strategy and team, as well as EA's overall plan of Madden competing in the entire simulation sports genre.

I found this quote from Weber when I was trying to see when exactly he came on board with Tiburon this year.

“This is a game (Madden NFL 12) that is dedicated to the hardcore fan, which is fundamental to my philosophy on how we will be successful.Cam continued “Madden 12 is about delivering that experience first and foremost.” http://thefantasyfootballinformer.tu...s-about-rumors

I think there are good things in store, not just in the distant Madden future but for the near future, M13, as well. Time will tell though.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 12-22-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2011, 09:36 PM   #16
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Just curious if anyone knows, but what does this mean for Mike Young? Wasn't he supposed to be the Creative on Madden? Are they going to have more than one? Could this internal shakeup be the reason for the radio silence and lack of updates?
In that same article I quoted in my previous post, it stated this about what happened when then Creative Director Ian Cummings, was leaving.

"Cam explained to me that this is common for the industry that they work in, and that video game companies compete for to obtain talented individuals, and that Ian simply pursued another opportunity. The creative director role has been assumed by other designers and Phil Frazier, who is the executive producer for Madden NFL 12, now has the role of coordinating the creative teams involved." http://thefantasyfootballinformer.tu...s-about-rumors

So maybe there are multiple "creative" roles on the current Madden developer team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »